Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Suen
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In the final tiebreaker during a regular Doge election, the current Doge decides who becomes the Doge amongst the tied players. If the current Doge's player is one of the tied players, she can pick herself, correct?

2. What happens if there is a tie during the final Doge election during the endgame scoring?
Quote:
The player with the highest total is the last Doge in the history of the Republic and gains a final Victory Points bonus equal to the value of the Family card used in the elections.

Is a tie broken by the highest valued card that was played like a regular election? What if there is still a tie? The current Doge has already resigned so he should not be able to break the tie.

3. If there's one Enemy Fleet in a region and I draw a Battle tile of value 1 and remove the Enemy Fleet, I still get to place an Influence token down even though my Battle tile's value has gone to zero (1 - 1), correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rcjsuen wrote:
1. In the final tiebreaker during a regular Doge election, the current Doge decides who becomes the Doge amongst the tied players. If the current Doge's player is one of the tied players, she can pick herself, correct?

YES.

rcjsuen wrote:

2. What happens if there is a tie during the final Doge election during the endgame scoring?
Quote:
The player with the highest total is the last Doge in the history of the Republic and gains a final Victory Points bonus equal to the value of the Family card used in the elections.

Is a tie broken by the highest valued card that was played like a regular election? What if there is still a tie? The current Doge has already resigned so he should not be able to break the tie.

THE PREVIOUS DOGE BREAKS THE TIE (as usual, also if he has already resigned. The term 'resign' was meant for flavor)

rcjsuen wrote:

3. If there's one Enemy Fleet in a region and I draw a Battle tile of value 1 and remove the Enemy Fleet, I still get to place an Influence token down even though my Battle tile's value has gone to zero (1 - 1), correct?

YES.

There are no calculations involved - when you remove all Enemy fleets from a sea area, you get to place 1 Influence there (free).

Francesco & Marco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When does the Doge player decide to choose the doge token for action point or victory point?

Also: when a card instructs you to forfeit action points, does this include the one from the doge token, or is it always extra and used before the actions as the rules suggest?

Also: do you draw threat cards (from battle tokens) before or after you switch epochs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amado Angulo
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
benji_online wrote:
When does the Doge player decide to choose the doge token for action point or victory point?

At the beginning of the “Choose 1 Action die” Phase (i.e. before choosing the Action die for the turn).

benji_online wrote:
Also: when a card instructs you to forfeit action points, does this include the one from the doge token, or is it always extra and used before the actions as the rules suggest?

It includes the one from the Doge token. The Doge token gives the player an additional Action Point for the turn, while the Action card instruct you to forfeit your Action Points this turn (received from the Action dice or any other source).

benji_online wrote:
Also: do you draw threat cards (from battle tokens) before or after you switch epochs?

Before. Epoch change is always the last thing to occur in a turn.

This will be soon confirmed in the FAQ document.

Amado.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amajo wrote:

Before. Epoch change is always the last thing to occur in a turn.

This will be soon confirmed in the FAQ document.

Amado.

Oh that is interesting. Especially since the rulebook seems to very direct in pointing out that epoch changes and threat card drawing are a special circumstance. In the german rulebook there is a hint that says something to the effect of: Be mindful, epoch change might change how threat cards are resolved.

Looking forward to the FAQ. So far however I am very much enjoying this little gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amado Angulo
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
benji_online wrote:
Oh that is interesting. Especially since the rulebook seems to very direct in pointing out that epoch changes and threat card drawing are a special circumstance.

Both the drawing of Threat Cards from Casus Belli and the Epoch change are written to happen "at the end of the turn". However, since several factors could cause the Epoch change (including the Casus Belli itself), it has been decided that the Epoch change should occur at the end of the turn.
Also since the Epoch change comes with a Scoring phase, it would be harder to resume a turn from a middle point after the Scoring than simply proceed to the next turn.

benji_online wrote:
In the german rulebook there is a hint that says something to the effect of: Be mindful, epoch change might change how threat cards are resolved.

I don't have the german rulebook in front of me right now, but you might refer to the translation of this phrase:
Quote:
The progression of the Epochs is particularly important,
as the end of an epoch triggers a scoring sequence and
changes how the Threat cards are drawn and applied (see
Threat Cards on page 10).

This refers to the fact that the new Epoch will change the number of cards drawn during the Threat phase and the Kingdom token that enters the game with each card.

benji_online wrote:
Looking forward to the FAQ. So far however I am very much enjoying this little gem.

Great you're enjoying this! The FAQ will be published in a couple of weeks in the Stratelibri site:
http://www.stratelibri.it/

Greetings from Amberg!

Amado.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much - yes that was the very spot I was thinking about!!!

I appreciate your help!

(By the way, I am originally from Bayreuth - so not to far away )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.