EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all this should be under strategy, second, what? Pictor is devastating, tuba is brilliant, and templarius is one of the best cards in the game, just in terms of money for defense.
I assume you undervalue aqueduct too, yeah? I feel like some experienced players would give you a right nasty shock.

FYI, Pictor is the only card capable of a turn 1 victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bannoran wrote:
Why is tuba brilliant ?

If you're going military (I.E. trying to reduce your opponent to 0 vp), and you don't have the aries, the veneficus, and the elephant, a tuba will help you get better than average chances for success in a strategy that is highly dependent on the whims of fortune. Also, it combos nicely, and quite cheaply, with the Templarius, pretty much guaranteeing you 3 vp every time you activate it.

It is best, as he mentioned, with Arena, allowing for almost guaranteed precision strikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bannoran wrote:
That's if you get the chance to go military. More often than not I find he`s sat there saving me a point every round

Yeah, fair enough. He is completely worthless if you're going economic unless you've got a templarius or two. To be fair, this game has rather a dynamic rating of cards. In some situations some cards are worthless, in others, the cards are absolutely invaluable. See: Fortuna when you're about to die, penniless and sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you think pictor is an insta-pass? I find him to be one of the most powerful cards in the game, if not THE most powerful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bannoran wrote:
hanibalicious wrote:
Why do you think pictor is an insta-pass? I find him to be one of the most powerful cards in the game, if not THE most powerful!

Well he cant be great if your going heavy on characters. I just think he`s way to situational. I will give you an example ( stupid one I admit ). What if I have 7 buildings and you have 6 and Pictor ?

I'd like to retort that, if you're up by 2 points, and there's only 13 or less points left in the pool, that's an instant win for you!

While the forum is the de facto "economy" card, Pictor is probably the most powerful card in that strategy, per cost, barely nudging out the taverna.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LASER SHIELD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Semotan
United States
New Lenox
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Snake Juice
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree with how powerful Pictor is. I know each game is different and in some games it might not have as much use, but if the situation calls for it, it is a very useful card. I don't see Pictor as a way to attain victory points, I see Pictor very similar to Aquaeductus. It drives the game to end. Most times, both players have a mix of buildings and characters, I have never seen a game where a player has all of one kind of card so both players will get some victory points. If you're winning and just need it to end this card can accomplished to do so. I know this seems like it only applies to very specific situations, but I have come out on top because of this multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.