Hide
15 Posts

Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak» Forums » Rules

Subject: Regular building or alleys? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dickens M
msg tools
Not sure if anyone find it confusing, but i am not sure if the retangular room connected with the security gate in map 9P and 10P considered regular building? or indoor alley?

I know there will not be zombie spawn in the security gate as well as the square area as it is considered as indoor alley, but the retangular rooms make me puzzled somehow... (perhapes because of the yellow line which uses as the indication for alley?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it as a room. But we also played it as all the other areas (with the red X's) were also rooms so we spawned in those. Are you sure they don't spawn in the square area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are building zones.
But I could see GG saying they're not.

This would be a good question to add to my 'big ... Questions for ...' thread (in the rules sub-forum).

Pretty sure the square zones are alley, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

This would be a good question to add to my 'big ... Questions for ...' thread (in the rules sub-forum).

This is one of the things I was trying to find out when I was asking about the security gates on your "questions" thread...
Pretty sure the zone before and after the security gate are alleys. Would like an official ruling though.

The security gates are not explained very well in the rulebook in my opinion.
It does state that the security zone is treated as a building zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

This is one of the things I was trying to find out when I was asking about the security gates on your "questions" thread...
Pretty sure the zone before and after the security gate are alleys. Would like an official ruling though.

I don't recall you actually posing that question. Apologies if you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

No worries,
I May or may not have specifically asked the question back at the beginning of your thread when I posted a picture of the security room and you asked me if I could reword the question so that it did not need the picture. Then we waited for you to read the rules and eventually put in some kind of security zone related question for me.

Through asking questions on here and reading and rereading the security zone section of the rulebook I have come to this conclusion:

The zone before and after the security zone are alleys, and the 1"x1" security zone is a non-spawning building zone. Further there is no way to use ranged weapons to kill zombies on the other side of a security gate (even though they do it in the kickstarter gameplay video. I think the video is mistake or they changed the rules?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot shoot through a security zone, since it counts as a building zone and thus there's no LOS beyond it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
The zone before and after the security zone are alleys, and the 1"x1" security zone is a non-spawning building zone. Further there is no way to use ranged weapons to kill zombies on the other side of a security gate (even though they do it in the kickstarter gameplay video. I think the video is mistake or they changed the rules?).

They've probably changed it since the video. I did not know that both sides were allies though, makes though buildings pretty simple to handle when they're just on their own, as you spawn very little in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
You cannot shoot through a security zone, since it counts as a building zone and thus there's no LOS beyond it.

Do you know if the zones before and after the security zone are building or indoor alley zones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:

Can you shoot from within a security zone though?

Which is what they do in the KS video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Loophole Master wrote:

Nope:

Prison Outbreak Rulebook Page 25 wrote:
The only Action allowed while standing on a security Zone is Moving.

My emphasis. Guess that's changed since the vid too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Loophole Master wrote:

Nope:

Prison Outbreak Rulebook Page 25 wrote:
The only Action allowed while standing on a security Zone is Moving.

My emphasis. Guess that's changed since the vid too!

Yeah, that's why we're not sure!

(Also, I figured out why you keep on breaking the quoting - you need to put the 'name' in speech marks (quote this post to see))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickens M
msg tools
bigblock75 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

No worries,
I May or may not have specifically asked the question back at the beginning of your thread when I posted a picture of the security room and you asked me if I could reword the question so that it did not need the picture. Then we waited for you to read the rules and eventually put in some kind of security zone related question for me.

Through asking questions on here and reading and rereading the security zone section of the rulebook I have come to this conclusion:

Just wondering what makes you conclude the area before and after the security gate are all indoor alley?

For mission like M02 i rather like to treat it as regular building so i can search in it without crossing the security gate, or survivers will be fighting with their helpless nightstick with only 1 action after crossing the gate...... (well, at least it is better than a PAN!!)

But if rule or official answer states that those are indoor alley instead, i will take it as it is and search in other building first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whitebreadwb wrote:
-
Just wondering what makes you conclude the area before and after the security gate are all indoor alley?

For mission like M02 i rather like to treat it as regular building so i can search in it without crossing the security gate, or survivers will be fighting with their helpless nightstick with only 1 action after crossing the gate...... (well, at least it is better than a PAN!!)

But if rule or official answer states that those are indoor alley instead, i will take it as it is and search in other building first.

I read somewhere on here that if you have a question about boardgame rules the best thing to do is interpret the rules as best you can and anytime you are given a choice between "A" and "B" the correct answer is usually the one that makes the game harder.

Also i think these rooms line up with the other hallways.

Also in the really real world security gates like this are usually at the end of a hallway or corridor.

But I don't know for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
whitebreadwb wrote:
-

I read somewhere on here that if you have a question about boardgame rules the best thing to do is interpret the rules as best you can and anytime you are given a choice between "A" and "B" the correct answer is usually the one that makes the game harder.

Also i think these rooms line up with the other hallways.

Also in the really real world security gates like this are usually at the end of a hallway or corridor.

But I don't know for sure.

It makes sense that the space that holds the rotating security gate is an alley, while the space on the other side seems variable. If there is an exit, then it could be treated as an entryway 'alley', but if no exit then it is obviously a room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.