Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Alty (formerly Port)
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
if you get to where you could upgrade to a new power plant after the last one, what do you do? is it just more end game points?
This happened in recent game when we used the prosperity tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Boaventura
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Yes, follow the endgame rules: 1 PP for each space after the last upgrade. Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Fonseca
msg tools
Yesterday I played the game where it happened the same situation but I didn't find on the manual how to proceed in this situation. If it's not in the manual I think it would be nice to get this information on the FAQ

And it happened something quite particular on this game we played yesterday. At around 1/2 of the game the first 3 players had ways of being able to keep paying the costs of the order spot they were in; so the first player kept being the first player, the second kept being the second and the third kept being the third and the forth had no choice but being the forth player more a less half of the game. Haven't this type of things ever happen during your plays Thiago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Boaventura
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuno, I need more information about your session. Who did win? Did you remember the following rule: never the tile active itself? 3 players reaches all the time the edge of the track or only one or none of them? Were they being penalized for doing so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O R
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Bugger this. I want a better world.”
badge
"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible."
mbmbmbmbmb
thiagbs wrote:
Nuno, I need more information about your session. Who did win? Did you remember the following rule: never the tile active itself? 3 players reaches all the time the edge of the track or only one or none of them? Were they being penalized for doing so?

I'm curious about this. Thiago, what is the "never the tile active itself" rule? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

This being said, I dunno if Nuno will reply but I can provide the situation in our last session. Starting with the start of Age III, I was flush with cash. Being the 1st player, I was picking my spot first on the initiative track, so I was able to lock in the 1st player position by spending 6x3=$18 each round, allowing me to get the best building every round until the game ended. Despite other players also being flush with cash (richer than I was really), there was nothing they could do to prevent me from being 1st player every single round. The only thing that could have dislodged me was if I had run out of money, but even then I could have sacrificed points to make money (but I really didn't have to with all the money I was producing).

That also resulted in the 4th player being locked last in the initiative order, as all other players picked their position before him and could easily afford to hog the top 3 positions for the whole end of game. So he ended up loosing horribly because he was stuck with scraps on the building selection (picking last), and there was literally nothing he could do to dislodge others in the player order. And yes, sure, he finished with tons of cash that netted him some points, but that wasn't enough to make up for playing last every turn for the last 4 turns of the game. We scratched it up to being a weird game with an unusual qte of money being produced, but it doesn't seem that rare. Needless to say, that player was quite disgruntled...

We've actually considered picking initiative spots in reverse player order to address this, but it feels like a big change. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Boaventura
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ie, when you active a commerce tile, the permanent effect on this tile do not active. Only if you activate one adjacent tile.

Remember that each $4 is able to gain 1 prestige point at the end of the game. $18 is -4.5 PPs. Only if you can cross the edge of the track is efficient lock the first position.

You can also try the oficial variant (draw 2 tiles + # of players each round) that let the initiative less strong. This is my favorite way to play the game, but there is more building to analyse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.