Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im currently looking at trying to do a dominion build for OP3 and its hard to stay pure when other factions have a lot more juicy choices!

My current thinking for a sneaky build is

Gor Portas (26)
- Gul Danar (2)
- Energy Diss (5)

5th wing Attack Ship (22)
- Weyon (4)
- Starter set miles (2 +1)

Galor Class (24)
- Donatra (5)
- Cloaked Mines (4)
- Cloaked Mines (4)

Galor moves forward and mines the planet as much as possible to control and for the opp to move round the side i want. Weyon and miles to try and annoy the enemy and hopefully remove the mines of op if i can before they are laid.

The galor provides fire support as it slowly orbits the planet but is also the support ship.

I was trying a cheaper build with mines and Donatra on the apnex but it seems a bit of a waste of 14 points, its hard to hit but with only 1 attack dice that's 14 points that only real use is attacking the planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
The non-named Galor Class only has 1 tech slot.

Edit: I think you want a high level captain in the Gor Portas you want it to shoot first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good point, it was a last minute switch between names attack ship and names galor.

Putting a high level captain on the galor is tricky.

If i dropped one of the mines i would have 7 points to play with which would get me piccard giving me a lock on and battle station/scan.

If i dropped another names ship as well i could go with Breen on the portas to help make sure i hit with the energy dis

Gor Portas (26)
- Piccard (7)
- Breen (2)
- Energy Diss (5)

Jem attack ship (20)
- Weyon (4)
- Starter set miles (2 +1)

Galor Class (24)
- Donatra (5)
- Cloaked Mines (4)

Just aware with this build it focuses heavily on the portas with 2 light ships supporting.

Maybe 2 galor instead of the attack ship is better if i can fly a clean formation around the planet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
using Weyoun for a 2 point card? I would use a better Captain or better card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think miles is a very good card apart from the discard. Discard enemy upgrades at range 3 even through cloak could be very useful

Edit : Doh just re-read the card its a disable opps card not discard .... ok its no that amazing

Also i guess the main question is what are peoples opinions on dedicating around 20 SP to a support ship just to take control of the planet.

If the planet is won then an apnex with only 1 attack dice isnt going to do a whole lot of dmg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jiffk wrote:
i think miles is a very good card apart from the discard. Discard enemy upgrades at range 3 even through cloak could be very useful

Edit : Doh just re-read the card its a disable opps card not discard .... ok its no that amazing

Also i guess the main question is what are peoples opinions on dedicating around 20 SP to a support ship just to take control of the planet.

If the planet is won then an apnex with only 1 attack dice isnt going to do a whole lot of dmg

Try using Glinn Telle with Weyoun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.