Subject: A separate game entry for this compilation: art changes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Currently, Dominion: Special Edition has its own entry separate from Dominion, even though nothing appears to be new except the inclusion of the Dominion: Black Market Promo Card and some of the art from Dominion: Base Cards.

Hi! I missed the BGG update that now allows for items to be compilations, so I posted an unnecessarily feisty thread here. Sorry!

But then other people came along and posted helpful responses, so see below for a little detail on the artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Re: Why a separate game entry? This way madness lies.
tumorous wrote:
Currently, Dominion: Special Edition has its own entry separate from Dominion, even though nothing appears to be new except the inclusion of the Dominion: Black Market Promo Card and some of the art from Dominion: Base Cards.

Why?

I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that the Special Edition version does actually have a difference - the art for the basic cards has a bigger coin / VP symbol in one corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

Why?

It's a new feature introduced a short time ago: a "Compilation item".
A box that contains several other items (games / expansions); in this case Dominion plus Dominion: Black Market Promo Card (see section "Contains" in the game entry). It won't get a ranking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
tumorous wrote:

Why?

It's a new feature introduced a short time ago: a "Compilation item".
A box that contains several other items (games / expansions); in this case Dominion plus Dominion: Black Market Promo Card (see section "Contains" in the game entry). It won't get a ranking.

I see I've missed this change in the system, and I also couldn't discern the difference without you pointing it out. The "Contains" is pretty subtle!

Because you and Donald X. have provided helpful (and corrective) information, I'll try to reframe my subject line...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't picked up Base Cards yet, but man, any chance those new designs will show up in later printings? I like them so much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that the Special Edition version does actually have a difference - the art for the basic cards has a bigger coin / VP symbol in one corner.

This is really nice and I prefer these base cards to the ones in the Base Cards product. However, I don't want them to mismatch with my Platiums, Colonies, and Potions. Any way to get new versions of those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
LastFootnote wrote:
This is really nice and I prefer these base cards to the ones in the Base Cards product. However, I don't want them to mismatch with my Platiums, Colonies, and Potions. Any way to get new versions of those?

I don't know what's going on with the new German releases, but my minimal research has found the full new-style Base Cards product in German. It's not cheap. http://www.spiele-offensive.de/Spiel/Dominion-Basiskarten-Se...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
donaldx wrote:

Yes, here: Dominion: Base Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tylor Lilley
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
LastFootnote wrote:
donaldx wrote:

Yes, here: Dominion: Base Cards

Note that what the user was asking for was a new, English version of these German base cards that contain the extra icons in the top left corner. The link you provided just takes it to the old English base cards page with no icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.