Frédéric MOULIS
France
TOURS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

the official rule says :
Quote:
However, should it happen that no unit is captured after 50 moves (25 moves per player), that play is over and bothe players check their scores

Does this apply only to the first 50 moves of a round, or to any 50 successive moves during which no unit is captured ?

Hmmm my question might be idiot, since the rule says the players have to check their scores (score will be 0 if the rule only applies to the first 50 moves).

Never mind. I keep asking it.

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played I was taught:
The round is over when one player has 40 or more points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rok velikonja
Slovenia
ajdovscina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Pedro Perreira (one of the game developer) the official tournament rule is; "first player to get 42 points, wins!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
arowkey wrote:
According to Pedro Perreira (one of the game developer) the official tournament rule is; "first player to get 42 points, wins!"

This is how I teach the game and this will be the official tournament rule.

If you prefer to play as written in the first print-run, you play until players make a combined 50 moves (25 each) without capturing any pieces. So you wouldn't count right from the start. Personally I find this too fiddly, so I introduce the tournament rule whenever I introduce the game. Also makes for a more exciting game.

42+ points. That's how I play

Enjoy Trench and let us know what you think.

EDIT: Certainly not an idiot Frederic. We are excited to see you on the Trench forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
When I played I was taught:
The round is over when one player has 40 or more points.

This was incorrect unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Dias
msg tools
mb
Hi,

The rules says:"For a faster game, we recommend to play only one round. The winner is the first player to capture enemy units worth 50 victory points."

That's how I learned to play with the designer (for a faster game)!

The 40 points is used in case of a tie of two battles. Winner is the one who come first 40 points, in third round.

"It may happen que Both players are tied in points after the full game (two rounds).In that case a third round is played, and the winner is the first player to capture enemy units worth 40 points."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.