Toni Salonen
Finland
Rauma
flag msg tools
Is this worth 100 GeekGold?
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chopsticks: If normal cards (white border) are out from period 1 can I add Echocards from period 1 if those are still available?

I'm still confused about drawing... So example: I have card from 6 period in my table. There is no cards from period 6, one from period 7, many echo cards from period 7. I'm supposed to draw three cards at the same time and I have no cards in my hand. What I get? My guess is one from period 7 and two from period 8, no echoes.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
An Age is considered empty if no cards from the base game are available regardless of whether any cards from any expansions are still available for that age.

If an attempt to draw a card from an age greater than 10 is made, instead the game ends.

When attempting to draw a card from an age that is empty instead attempt to draw a card from the next highest age. Continue to advance through the ages this way until a card can be drawn from a non-empty age or the game ends.

All cards are drawn one at a time. I f a player is processing a draw and X dogma that moves the drawn card to a different zone of play as part of its effect the card is first drawn to hand then moved to the correct zone, and then the next card is drawn and moved.

When playing with the Echoes expansion: Only attempt to draw an Echoes card when you have at least one card in hand and have no Echoes cards in hand. If an age isn’t empty, but no Echoes are available then draw a base card instead of the Echoes card.

For each card drawn, make the check regarding whether to attempt to draw a base card or an Echoes card individually, based on the state of that player’s hand at the time that card is to be drawn.

So if a player has no cards in hand and is required to draw three cards by a single dogma effect while playing with the Echoes expansion do the following:
• No card in hand - Attempt to draw a base card of the indicated age.
• One card in hand, none are Echoes cards - Attempt to draw an Echoes card of the indicated age.
• Two cards in hand, at least one is an Echoes card - Attempt to draw a base card.

For a draw and X dogma of three cards in which the X moves the card to a different zone do the following:
• No card in hand - Attempt to draw a base card of the indicated age, then move that card to its new zone.
• Repeat
• Repeat

I don’t have access to the Chopsticks text at the moment. But for any attempt to draw a card from an age for which no base cards of that age are currently available the draw is instead made from the next highest available age. If that attempt is made with at least one card in hand and none of the cards in hand are an Echoes card then the attempt to draw a card is first made on the Echoes portion of the next highest age.

If I understand your example correctly then...The first card drawn would be a base card from age 7, then an Echoes card from age 8, and finally a base card from age 8. The only two ways to not draw an Echoes in this situation is if the Echoes cards for age 8 have all been previously drawn, or if the draw effect is a draw and X in which the X moves the cards to a different zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
A couple of notes on drawing that you did not specifically ask about:

It is possible to draw multiple Echoes cards with a single draw effect if you have at least one card in hand, none of the cards in hand are Echoes cards, and the draw effect is a draw and X in which the cards are moved to a different zone.

It is possible to have multiple Echoes cards in hand provided that they are put there by a transfer or exchange effect or an effect expressly states that a draw is to be made from the Echoes deck or from the deck type of your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Chopsticks: If there are no base cards left, then the Age 1 stack is considered to be empty, so you cannot use chopsticks to place an age 1 card from the supply into the available achievements.

In your example, you would draw the base 7, then an echoes 8 (assuming one exists, otherwise a base 8), then a base 8.

--

General flow for drawing cards is

For each card:

a) Figure out what age you're supposed to be drawing from. Similar to the base game, except a pile is considered empty if there are no base cards of that age remaining.

b) Figure out what color card you should draw. If you have at least one card in hand, an no echoes cards in hand, draw an echoes cards. Otherwise, draw a base card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.