Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Lloyd
United Kingdom
York
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
You reading my badge OverText?
badge
Yes! Mage Knight is such a great game I have dedicated my avatar to it.
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea of this deck is to build a 3/4 ice deep server hopefully with the help of Minelayer then use Edge of World to pile up brain damage. Then either score in the safety of a big server which they fear to run or trap them with more damage for the win. Ghost Branch is included to throw a curve ball (all out of faction influence is low) the runner may think I have a tag strategy in place, if they think that it at least wastes the runners credits and clicks.

This is my first deck build, not played yet, please be brutal and show me the weaknesses of this deck

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (12)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
False Lead (A Study in Static) x2
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x2
Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control) x2
Nisei MK II (Core) x3

Asset: (13)
Ghost Branch (Core) x1 ■
Project Junebug (Core) x2
Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core) x1
Dedicated Server (A Study in Static) x1
Edge of World (Cyber Exodus) x2
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x1
PAD Campaign (Core) x3
Ronin (Future Proof) x1
Snare! (Core) x1

ICE: (16)
Chum (Core) x1
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Minelayer (Creation and Control) x1 ■
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x2 ■
Sensei (Trace Amount) x1
Shadow (Core) x2 ■
Wall of Thorns (Core) x1
Datapike (Creation and Control) x1
Neural Katana (Core) x2
Wall of Static (Core) x2

Operation: (6)
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) x1 ■
Shipment from Kaguya (Core) x2 ■
Hedge Fund (Core) x2
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x1

Upgrade: (2)
Experiential Data (Core) x1 ■
Hokusai Grid (Humanity's Shadow) x1

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 3
Jinteki: 27
NBN: 3
The Weyland Consortium: 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
You don't really have any tag punishment. As a result, I'd abandon the ghost branch. Perhaps find the influence for an aggressive secretary instead, if you want more advancable traps.

Your ice is built to gain you money rather than stop the runner, so look for ways to parlay your money advantage into a win condition. I'd trade the experiential data for a corporate troubleshooter, for example (with lots of money you can pump a neural katana into a auto-hit).

I'd find room for another trick of light or two. You're playing a standard shell game deck (I think it's a good start, btw), but you need ways to salvage failed traps into advancement where it's useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
With so many singles in your deck there seems to be no way for it to play consistently from game to game.

One of the major disservices you'd be doing yourself is by only including a single Snare. These cards not only deal pain on runs to R&D but with 2 or perhaps even 3 in your hand, serve to made HQ a scary place to run.

I don't think the Zaibatsu is serving your cause. You want the runner to break threw just to hit a World. You'll probably want at least one more minelayer if that's your strategy; 1 won't be enough to make it work every time.

I'd also drop Pads in favor of Celebrity Gift (if you have it). It's just an amazing economy card; especially if you can show a hand of snares and fetal ai's to the runner devil.

I'll let some others chime in with more but that's just some basic thoughts.

Edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I'm going to let you know how I'd approach playing against this deck. I play a chaos theory deck that uses bank job for bursts of money. I have a singleton stimhack. And I use Magnum Opus/Kati/Daily Casts for the rest of my economy. It looks like you might have an unprotected remote, which is going to turn on my bank jobs. So, I'm going to have money.

Your ice mix is decent against atman, but I only play one atman. I play Gordian Blade, Corroder, and Mimic with data suckers. Chances are once a data sucker is online and I've SMC'd into my rig, I'll focus my attention on R&D. You don't have the kind of ice that tends to keep me out, and it's all mostly breakable by my rig.

I might test out a remote once or twice; but chances are I just take my money. Which means I'm focusing in on your centrals for this game. I have the ability to switch my focus... So I'll probably drop an R&D interface and guide my strikes with Index.

Anything troubling you put down, like maybe trying to advance an icewall, I'll just parasite. And its only a few ice you have that I'd worry over. If I do fall for brain damage once, chances are you can't close the deal. No neural emp, and only a single Ronin.

So, I'll admit, you might get me on the first game; but following that, once I know your trick, the game's probably over as I'll focus on the centrals where I know you're weakest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
One of cards do hurt consistency some but that isn't nearly as important when you're playing the Corp's game.

Having many surprises in store for the runner is a good thing - just make sure that the variety of cards you include are effective versus your opponent.

I'll also suggest more forms of tag punishment in the deck considering the mix of Ice. Closed Accounts would have a good home here.

I'd likely max out Snares and Fetal AI and my advancable trap of choice would likely be Cerebral Overwriter. That card is particularly effective in Personal Evolution. Most seasoned players will draw up and then run into an advanced card, hoping to absorb the hit of an advanced Junebug. If they do that with Cerebral Overwriter then... yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
beepers wrote:
What a lot of people fail to see, particularly power gamers who do everything they can to divorce bluff from the game, is that decks that "win once" win tournaments. If you met this deck in a Tournament setting, you play his Corp deck once and then you never see it again. Sure, you might be able to destroy his deck the second time you play, but it's best 1 of 1.

I don't think the win is likely, though; I said it might happen, but I think it'd be unlikely to have a better than 30-50% win rate over the course of a tournament.

Decks that will beat this will be the ones that run centrals, and the ones that plan to run remotes will have infiltration on hand or satellite uplink. This deck really folds to those decks; and it looks like it'll really suffer once it's been account-syphoned/vamped and can't activate an edge of world.

I love one ofs; and I play many one-ofs. But if you have a core strategy you need to dedicate yourself to it. And in this case I think that means neural emp, which partners really well with false lead, snare, and brain damage. Or at the very least, another ronin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this deck would reliably perfom any of the strategies you laid out. You want a 3/4 ice deep server but you only have 16 ice and no cards to draw faster. You'd preferably use Minelayer to do that but you only have 1 copy. Much is made of the idea of Ghost Branch but you only run 1 copy so the odds of drawing it are low.

Would any of your ice really benefit from Experiential Data? Ice Wall, Pop-Up, Shadow and Datapike often don't gain anything from it, since common icebreakers won't need to increase their strength as a result of it. That's half of your ice. Then Minelayer and Sensie could easily just not be broken on the run you trash Experiential.

You should almost certainly run 3 Snares, they're great.

You seem to have built for Trick of Light with 5 advancable ice and cheaper agendas, but you only include 1. You don't need to include more but it's a missed trick.

You only have 2 Hedge Funds. I can't imagine building a current corp deck without 3, they give you such a strong boost if you have one in your opening hand.

I've tried really hard to like Dedicated Server but I've never managed to make it work. On the other hand, Akitaro is the boss if you're wanting to build a glacier, which you are! And running one copy of a unique card makes more sense since it prevents possible dead draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Decide whether you are going to be never advance or always advance. As messed up as it all sounds, if you want your traps to work, you want to seem repetitive with your play. If your primary goal is to keep the runner guessing, then you mix it up - but I find that in order to get a runner to run on Edge of World, you need to drop an agenda, no advance, then triple advance and score next turn. Maybe do this with your bigger agenda utilizing multiples of Trick of Light. As a one-of, Z loyalty is not going to do you much good - you only want it when the opponent is running expose, and you'll only get it half the time that you need it, and even then, you'll often get it too late to matter.

Your ICE selection is actually good for what you want to do - Edge of World requires a ton of semi-permeable ICE, so that the runner can make it through even though it LOOKS like you are trying to stop them. That said, a 4-5 deep server with just pop-ups and shadows looks pretty suspicious.

Also, more Ronin, as this will be your best kill-shot: Once they have some brain damage, Ronin to death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
beepers wrote:
I've been playing more often with 1x/2xs myself. It's awesome. I always feel like I can make my hand work (which is far more fun than just paying the same old things each time with a "consistent" deck), and the Runner is incredibly confused.

Sometimes 1x cards are downplayed due to causing inconsistent draws. With the right deck, I would believe you could make your hand work regardless. However, hand synergy is much harder with many cards than with a few, as mentioned below.

legroove wrote:
I don't think this deck would reliably perfom any of the strategies you laid out. You want a 3/4 ice deep server but you only have 16 ice and no cards to draw faster. You'd preferably use Minelayer to do that but you only have 1 copy.

Would any of your ice really benefit from Experiential Data? Ice Wall, Pop-Up, Shadow and Datapike often don't gain anything from it, since common icebreakers won't need to increase their strength as a result of it.

I also think you overestimate the confusion this will cause to a runner (especially one participating in a tournament) -- they won't figure out what your strategy is, because you don't have one [you have a bit of everything].

It's alright to include many cards that all synergize with each other -- this provides a more stable base. Including many cards that only synergize with a few others is a good way to get a few pieces of several strategies, rather than several which all work together for one strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.