Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's awesome that there is an active community of game designers on BGG. And I love having rules questions answered by the guy who actually designed the game.

But here's my pet peeve.... game designers who put nothing in their profile to tell me what games they've designed. Sometimes they have something in their avatar that says they're a game designer, and sometimes they don't give us any clue at all. But for whatever reason they've left your profile blank and it tells us nothing.

Come on guys, put something in telling us what games you've done. Or at least link to your designer page on the geek. Maybe you don't want to crow about how awesome you are (or maybe you're trying to duck the blame?), but it would be nice if it was fairly easy to know that you're the guy who designed Game X, Y and Z. Then maybe I'll stop arguing against your rules interpretation and concede that you might have a clue how the rule was meant since you designed the game and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boss Beau Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll make sure I do so, when I publish, even if it is only web based.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we talking obscure designers only? I've never noticed this. I see a designer, I click their designer badge, and I see all the games they're designed.

Have any examples?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Meeker
United States
Camano Island
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered about this too, but then I realized I wasn't looking in the right place.

Click on the designer badge - as Curt suggests - and scroll down a bit. You'll typically find the games they are credited with designing under "Linked Items."

At least that has been my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
I click their designer badge, and I see all the games they're designed.

I never realized that the designer badge did anything and never tried clicking it. Just tested it and yup... my bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
More than 'typically', I don't think you can get that badge without
the link happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.