Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Europe availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What with the Marvel license and all I wonder whether/sincerely hope that this will be available across Europe. I know Legendary can be found here, but getting one set or a single expansion is different to being able to just pop into a local store and pick up a foil booster pack on the way home.

Love Quarriors (hate the LOTR game) and am really looking forward to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:
What with the Marvel license and all I wonder whether/sincerely hope that this will be available across Europe. I know Legendary can be found here, but getting one set or a single expansion is different to being able to just pop into a local store and pick up a foil booster pack on the way home.

Love Quarriors (hate the LOTR game) and am really looking forward to this.

good question,

I'm afraid we'll be stuck with import over here because of the Marvel license. Or maybe the uk (you) will luck out and Marvel GB will give their license to WIZ KIDS too, but on the other side of the northsea we will either have to import (hopefully from the uk) or buy the no doubt coming German version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I do not see any availability problems for other Wizkids Marvel products here (Heroclix)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sierra
msg tools
There wont be any availability issues, as Upper Deck is not involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sidney poitier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have seen some uk trade sites listing it for preorder, but availability wasn't until January.

I'm desperate to have a look at this over the Xmas break, so may have to import it if the UK release isn't til next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poitier wrote:
I have seen some uk trade sites listing it for preorder, but availability wasn't until January.

I'm desperate to have a look at this over the Xmas break, so may have to import it if the UK release isn't til next year.

Hi, this is the case. Marvel Dice Masters starter sets (along with the dice packs) are due in at UK suppliers in January. We'll get some in at Angry Imp Games, but it won't be before Jan unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian,

are you importing them yourself (or via an importer) or are they UK-releases?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BorisjeNL wrote:
Thanks Brian,

No, I will be getting them through the official UK distributor. It is on their list as a January release. It would not be worth me importing it, even if they do get here before Xmas - shipping and import VAT would not make it viable. If people are desperate to get it before Xmas then importing from the US may be your only way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
BorisjeNL wrote:
Thanks Brian,

No, I will be getting them through the official UK distributor. It is on their list as a January release. It would not be worth me importing it, even if they do get here before Xmas - shipping and import VAT would not make it viable. If people are desperate to get it before Xmas then importing from the US may be your only way!

Great answer, gives me hope for the rest of Europe too! Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had confirmation today from the main UK supplier that this game will be released (in the UK) in March 2014.

The main set, Avengers Vs X-Men will come with 44 custom dice, 38 cards, two dice bags and a rule book. The Booster Packs will contain 2 dice with a matching character card each. RRP in the UK will be £12.99. Booster packs will RRP at £1.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rutger ter Maten
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
We had confirmation today from the main UK supplier that this game will be released (in the UK) in March 2014.

The main set, Avengers Vs X-Men will come with 44 custom dice, 38 cards, two dice bags and a rule book. The Booster Packs will contain 2 dice with a matching character card each. RRP in the UK will be £12.99. Booster packs will RRP at £1.00

wow, thanks for that Brian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.