Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(soon)

We will be making a big announcement VERY soon about the launch of our Kickstarter for The Heat.

(an expansion for Police Precinct.)

Prior to that BIG/Official announcement, we will be using this thread for some informal updates.

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MINI-UPDATE:

1. VIDEO: I'll be working on this all day today, prepping everything for the Video production company.

2. REVIEW COPIES: We just got the news that they shipped today. This means that reviewers will have them as early as Saturday.

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this just for the expansion or will it have second edition as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
is this just for the expansion or will it have second edition as well?

I really hope its for both! I really want this game, but have been in a holding pattern as I wait for second edition. If its not, I may still participate in the KS...depends on extras really. Either way, great announcement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have read in another thread that there will be an option of adding the second edition of the base game. I'm also excited about this, because I have missed out in the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I read that the Second Edition will not be expected until late 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also been in a holding patterns for 2nd edition but ill deffinately back this regardless at the most all inclusive pledge level available

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finishing touches are going into this campaign as we speak.

So I can't give too much detail yet, but...

I will say that there will be some ability to get the base-game built into this, and...

Likely a 2nd campaign that addresses the needs and desires of folks who can stand to wait to begin Busting those dastardly Punks.

That campaign should also start this month and would be a longer campaign (possibly over 40 days), and have a MUCH later deliver time (think 2nd half of 2014), vs. this one which will be delivered in January, and maybe even sooner!!!

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Finishing touches are going into this campaign as we speak.

So I can't give too much detail yet, but...

I will say that there will be some ability to get the base-game built into this, and...

Likely a 2nd campaign that addresses the needs and desires of folks who can stand to wait to begin Busting those dastardly Punks.

That campaign should also start this month and would be a longer campaign (possibly over 40 days), and have a MUCH later deliver time (think 2nd half of 2014), vs. this one which will be delivered in January, and maybe even sooner!!!

Stay Tuned!

Thanks for the info and I understand if you cannot say. But will people wanting to wait for that second campaign (I am assuming znd edition, but could be wrong) perhaps miss out on extras if they do not participate in the expansion one or might the stretch and extras be available for those in the second?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No...

Only things that they wouldn't care about anyway, like...

We hope to include the revised rule-book as an add-on item in this first campaign. 2nd edition people will have a similar rule-book INSIDE the game itself. btw - The only real difference between those rule-books should be that images will match the components (1st to 1st and 2nd to 2nd).

That sort of thing.

I think these campaigns will overlap, so if that turns out to be the case, you can evaluate the options side-by-side.

The big thing that people who do the first campaign will get that the 2nd won't is...

deliver speed will be VERY different.

I could see where someone who has a friend that has the 1st edition, might back the 1st campaign and get these goodies, then pick up there own copy later (when the 2nd edition comes out). Possibly by backing the Kickstarter for the 2nd edition. That is about the only way I could see where it would make sense for someone to back BOTH campaigns.

Hope that helped!

PS - in case I got a little confusing there... here are terms defined:
1ST CAMPAIGN = The campaign we are about to start for the benefit of those who have the 1st edition or want to get it now.
2ND CAMPAIGN = The campaign we are planning on starting shortly after the 1st one, which will be for the benefit of those who don't have the 1st edition and prefer to wait for the 2nd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will there be any sort of promo or card or really anything that we won't be able to pick up in the 2nd edition campaign that we will in the expansion campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for those great answers!....last question, other than this thread, can I go anywhere to be notified the moment the KS begins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
Thanks for those great answers!....last question, other than this thread, can I go anywhere to be notified the moment the KS begins?

Hmmm...

Not sure, but just keep an eye on this (the BGG Police Precinct Page)

and...

New page for The Heat on BGG.

A likely start date is Tuesday (if we can pull that off).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
will there be any sort of promo or card or really anything that we won't be able to pick up in the 2nd edition campaign that we will in the expansion campaign?

Matthew,

There should not be anything like that happening.

It should come down to timing, not content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
MCollier wrote:

Matthew,

that answer pretty much makes me a lifetime customer, and most likely backer of both kickstarters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MCollier wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
MCollier wrote:

Matthew,

that answer pretty much makes me a lifetime customer, and most likely backer of both kickstarters

yeah!

I agree!

We are not big fans of the KS exclusive concept.

We ARE big fans of making Backers feel special, because they are!

We feel like there are lots of great ways to do that which don't involve exclusives that can NEVER be gotten any other way.

Timing is the most powerful tool, and one that we love.

Also doing things like enabling the backers to get their names on the cards, and stuff like that.

With the base-game for example, we named all the buildings and streets, etc. after real people who we felt had done a lot for the industry, or were key figures who helped make the game possible (which were backers and our distributor who had stood by us from the very beginning). That was really fun to do. That's the kind of thing we like.

That is, in fact, part of the timing thing if you think about it.

Anyway...

I look forward to serving your needs for many years to come!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember to have the option on the campaign (2nd one?) for us 1st edition backers to get the new edition of the cards please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe,

I agree that this would be a very nice thing to offer.

Based on seeing your reminder post here, I have created the Kickstarter.

(now when and if you see this campaign launch, you will know that you were the guy who prompted it to happen)

A lot goes into turning a good idea into a reality, but we have taken the first step here.

I feel like it will ultimately happen, but we'll have to do a little more supply and demand analysis on this.

Trust me, I want this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Van
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
...We are not big fans of the KS exclusive concept.

We ARE big fans of making Backers feel special, because they are!

This is why I like this game and publisher so much; your dedication to the fans is top notch.

If a couple of the (lowly) gripes I had towards Police Precinct gets answered with these upcoming KS campaigns, I will be one happy (and loyal to a tee) camper.

Thank you, Common Man, for thinking of the backers when laying the framework out. Too many companies are starting to lose that wisdom when crowd funding.

I wish you the best of luck. Always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'd prefer KS exclusive over how they did the mad men deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Monty!!!

Hi Dustin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many viewpoints on this topic, I don't see any of them as being all-wrong or...

all-right.

The whole industry is changing and much of this is for the better, but there will be mistakes made and parties hurt.

I try to operate CMG in such a way that people are treated the way I would want to be treated by a game company.

PS - review copies for The Heat arrived and were packaged for redistribution today.

tick tick tick...

KS #1 pending.

Stay Tuned!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

We just submitted the project to KS (requested permission to proceed with the campaign).

Here is what they said... (their standard reply)

=========================

Sent successfully!
Your project is now in our queue. If we have a question about something, we'll let you know. If approved, you’ll have a chance to make any final edits and then launch whenever you’re ready.

=========================

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the excitement!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure you post an update to the original PP Kickstarter - to catch those who backed the original but don't follow things here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.