BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Regarding game reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P Flemsjo
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi,
I am pretty new to boardgames and wonder if there is any site that reviews game based on # of players, complexity, luck factor, and durability. Durability I assume is often related to how seldom the game repeat itself.
I could imagine this is a science of it's own. What is the best place to get reviews?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason M. Brown
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hi Flem,

Please take a look at www.iguk.co.uk/blog - myself and a couple of other guys write game reviews there and give a summary at the end of the review. One of the summary sections is 'value', which does take into account the replayability of the game.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi ya Flem,
There are a ton of great reviews here on BGG, look on the game page in the forum section and click on the review link to see what's available (sorry if you know this already). I find cross indexing this with funagain games, the game publishers website and a few other trusted sites is a good way of finding out whether the games I am looking at are right for me and my gaming group. Faidutti also has a great site with heaps of candid reviews of some really great games.
Hope this helps! Good luck and enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Persampieri
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
um... well... you've kinda found it.

BoardGameGeek (BGG) is the best (centralized) resource for board game reviews and info.

The easiest way to find groups of games based on an attribute (players, mechanic, etc) is to search Geeklists. See the little Search box in the top middle of the screen? Set the dropdown to 'GeekList' and type '2 players' in the box. You'll see a bunch of lists folks have made of good 2-player games.

There are many other ways to browse the games on the site... and many ways to interact with BGG in fun and silly ways... have fun exploring!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.