Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Chester-Wallis
Australia
Mt lawley
WA
flag msg tools
Hey all,

We just played a game, and I'm still not sure, can you activate Pathology and Gift Shop multiple times in a turn? The rules don't seem to clarify this and while the tiles have the "disc" icon on them, I didn't know if you could just keep using it. If that's the case, doesn't the Gift Shop effectively guarantee a player 2 points a turn?

Kind regards,
Raymond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
abundantraymo wrote:
Hey all,

We just played a game, and I'm still not sure, can you activate Pathology and Gift Shop multiple times in a turn? The rules don't seem to clarify this and while the tiles have the "disc" icon on them, I didn't know if you could just keep using it. If that's the case, doesn't the Gift Shop effectively guarantee a player 2 points a turn?

Kind regards,
Raymond.

2 cubes equal 1 point, so I think you means 0.5 point.

Yes you can activate them multiple times. A few rooms have restriction, and the rule will point them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Chester-Wallis
Australia
Mt lawley
WA
flag msg tools
Um, by my calculation - Gift Shop x 4 = 2 points? You have four actions a turn so if you spend them all on Gift Shop you get 2 points. That seems very powerful and leaves you with little incentive to do much else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
abundantraymo wrote:
Um, by my calculation - Gift Shop x 4 = 2 points? You have four actions a turn so if you spend them all on Gift Shop you get 2 points. That seems very powerful and leaves you with little incentive to do much else.

Oh, I've mistakenly thought you meant per action. Yes, that's 2 point per turn, but if you play it right, you should be getting more then 2 point per turn. For example, getting a special room tile will net you a point, and potentially give you a nurse station, that's 2 point. A renovation could net you many nurse station for just one move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Grubb
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was pretty sure pathology on the room description said once per turn. The gift shop requires cured cubes, so eventually that might dry up, plus as others have said there may be other ways to score more than 2 points at times per turn, but yes the gift shop can be a great bonus tile. Although contracting for it requires some finesse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika Berlin
Germany
flag msg tools
The rulebooks says on page 11 declaring the Special Room Tiles: "...Pathology may only be used once per turn"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.