Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
walloftruth
United States
Adrian
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played the new edition a couple of times, but I won my second game be a large margin because I was able to use the FD three times, completing 3 feats "automatically". I played him to a city once, had the Grizzled Vet move him to use him again, and later used Hades Caress to pull him out of the discard pile.

The first game I played he never came into play at all. But I wonder with only one copy of him if he might be too powerful, especially if each player drafts their own decks and so only one player would have access to him.

Thoughts? Any one experience this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortuitous Dryad is a beast, and must be discarded (after paying its cost in coins) to use its effect.

At least, that's how it worked before Olympus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walloftruth
United States
Adrian
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap. Okay that makes a lot more sense. Noob mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walloftruth
United States
Adrian
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For more experienced players, Do a lot of games end up hinging on getting him into play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Carroll
msg tools
mbmbmb
No, I have been playing quite a bit with my wife, and while his ability does get used when he is pulled it is not game breaking. Omen generally plays fast enough that he would only be seen once or twice. And as the other user pointed out. It looks like your misconception came form playing beasts wrong. Most beasts have really powerful effects, that is why they are discarded and not put into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed the dryad is quite strong. It allows you to pay 2 gold and get a feat (2 VP) or subtract the same amount from your opponent.

However, playing it is not bad either: it has a nice combat value and is a beast, so it can easily start and win a war on itself. That is also 2VP difference with your opponent (and even a bonus if you manage to place 2 more beasts on the table).

In all, I see the special effect of the beast as a way to speed up or delay the endgame depending on whether or not you are winning. Definitely nice card, but not broken by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.