Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Excelsior Movement Prediction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian dupont
msg tools
I'm hoping that the Excelsior has a really fast speed. I know the game is supposed to represent non-warp speed (because combat at Warp speed would be nuts!), but that 6 movement piece has to be used for something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colringbk wrote:
but that 6 movement piece has to be used for something.

My guess is that will come in with the Borg ships. However, it could be the Excelsior to model the Transwarp Drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many have posted, and I am inclined to agree, that the Excelsior will have a Transwarp upgrade for the 6 straight move. And, the Voyager/Intrepid class will have a 6 straight as a movement option. I'm hoping both will be restricted. As in, only on the Excelsior (or at the usual +5), and disable to use. While the Voyager gets the 6 straight as a Red maneuver. Of course, an Elite talent called "Fly it apart then!" giving a 6 straight would be cool too. Oh my.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Barnes
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
engage is a tad faster going straight 3 on a galaxy x2, so I am not really worried about going straight 6 being too powerful so I don't think it needs to be a disable on use skill unless it is on top of another move then Wow!, but it might be like star trek 3 where if you use it there is a chance it does nothing (although it was sabotaged)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a thread a while back where Andrew mentioned one of the ships in wave 2 had 4 banking as a maneuver. Now to figure out if it's the Koranak, which will have its preview in 6 days, or the excelsior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
charles_skrobis wrote:
There was a thread a while back where Andrew mentioned one of the ships in wave 2 had 4 banking as a maneuver. Now to figure out if it's the Koranak, which will have its preview in 6 days, or the excelsior.

It's probably the IKS Vo. 4 banking seems more like a scoutship maneuver than a heavy cruiser maneuver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the excelsior had a transwarp drive, the Koranak was made to move at higher speeds with a cloaking device. I see the Vo being more like the romulan science vessel with maybe a red turn about and likely something for suitability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you guys actually expect some sort of cloaking device tech upgrade for the Koranak expansion pack and the Dominion faction, as the Federation got its version with the Defiant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
So you guys actually expect some sort of cloaking device tech upgrade for the Koranak expansion pack and the Dominion faction, as the Federation got its version with the Defiant?

No, the Keldon Class should have a cloaking device in the action bar based on what we've seen from the show. It wasn't a one-off like the defiant. All the Obsidian Order equipped Keldons had cloaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.