Subject: A better(?) use for Determination Markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Lets face it, I don't like Determination Tokens. At least not the way they are being used in the 3rd edition, like Tests getting easier every turn, until you pass automatically. So, here's another, more suspenseful idea:
You DO get Determination Tokens for every failed Test on an Attribute, but you just collect them, they do nothing, until you get into another situation, where you've got to test an Attribute. Now, if you got any D-Tokens, you may initially decide (before you roll) to spend 1 or more of them to make the Test easier by exactly the spent amount. Works just like a -X Buff, and it stays, until you're dead or pass the Test. Once you've failed your first try (and received another D-Token), though, you MUST NOT spend any (additional) Tokens for the second try. After you've finally passed, you have to discard any used Tokens. Imagine the hilarious frustration, when you've decided to spend 2 Tokens just to get a Strength-2 Roll, and you would've passed the test even without the Buff. It all comes down to the question: Do I take the risk and try without (and save them for a more dangerous situation), or do I spend some of them right now to increase my temporary chances of survival.

Works also fine with my other suggestions, those Danger-Rolls after Sundown in order to stay alive just a little longer. Thus you could also decide to save any D-Tokens for the final phase of the game:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1066804/new-idea-for-sun-tok...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like this idea at all. All players in my group would just keep them for instant death traps or leave them for live or die situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, I see it now. It was a stupid idea, forget about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.