Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
http://news.yahoo.com/bisexuality-seen-illegitimate-study-fi...

Does anyone find it ironic that people who are claiming they just wanted to be accepted and treated fairly, that their way of life is the way they are, and is perfectly acceptable, don't want to extend the same courtesies to others who are in essentially the same situation?

I'm not saying any one way is right or wrong, but since race (and the resultant civil rights issues) is often brought up to support the homosexual political platform, isn't this like a black person wanting to be accepted, but then saying that half-black people are in denial or confused, that they need to accept themselves as fully black?

Lookie, I brought up homosexuality/sex, race and politics in the same post. I'd throw in religion, but I'm sure it'll pop up without my efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you talking about?

"people who identified as gay, lesbian or bisexual showed the least amount of anti-bisexual bias"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:

"people who identified as gay, lesbian or bisexual showed the least amount of anti-bisexual bias"

But did they accept half-black people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Straight men were three times more likely than any other group to disbelieve in bisexuality."

Super ironic.

Good find!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:

1. Least amount of anti-bisexual bias doesn't equal acceptance. It equals that there is some bias there.

2. The very next sentence, after the one you posted, backs that up and reads: "However, the researchers cautioned, gays and lesbians were more negative about bisexuality than bisexuals themselves, suggesting that prejudice against bisexuality still exists in the gay community."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary, I thought this place was only so you could laugh at other people. Now you're starting stuff that you know will bring about the tone and discourse you hold in such disdain? Dude, you're all over the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilthuain wrote:
"Straight men were three times more likely than any other group to disbelieve in bisexuality."

Super ironic.

Good find!

Not sure which part you're finding ironic, but I find it ironic that a person can choose to disbelieve something that obviously exists. That's like saying I don't believe in Democrats or I don't believe in Asian people, they just don't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Gary, I thought this place was only so you could laugh at other people. Now you're starting stuff that you know will bring about the tone and discourse you hold in such disdain? Dude, you're all over the map.

Actually, I'm posting something that I'm laughing at. I find it amusing that people (the article) can say one thing and choose to do another. I think we could all use a lesson in accepting each other instead of picking and choosing who we let be what/who they want to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
There are Gay Men who look down on the lesbain lifestyle. There are Gay women who look down on the male gay lifestyle. There are black people who look down on hispanics, etc. etc. etc.

There will always be a subset of one group who will look down on a subset of another group. The Gay and Lesbian community is not immune to that.

There are gays that are fighting for marriage equality, as I am sure they are gays and lesbians who think marriage is the worst.

I don't know what you are tying to prove other than obviousness of humanity?

We don't have to agree on each others lifestyle, BUT we have to have equality in the eyes of the law even if we don't agree with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, gay people are human and some of them have biases. This should not be a surprise to anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Pretty much just that we need to be aware of our refusal to accept others, and to fix that.

I'm not trying to bash any particular class, or really be negative in any way. Just like I haven't expressed my personal view on homosexuality or bisexuality here.

I posted this because:

1. I don't like hypocrisy (but do find it amusing in that headshaking 'oh, how can someone be so ridiculous' way)

2. I think we can learn a lesson from this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
CapAp wrote:

1. Least amount of anti-bisexual bias doesn't equal acceptance. It equals that there is some bias there.

2. The very next sentence, after the one you posted, backs that up and reads: "However, the researchers cautioned, gays and lesbians were more negative about bisexuality than bisexuals themselves, suggesting that prejudice against bisexuality still exists in the gay community."

This is the worst trolling ever. Go back and read some Tripp threads for pointers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
MilesF wrote:
CapAp wrote:

This is the worst trolling ever. Go back and read some Tripp threads for pointers.

I'd agree, if it was trolling.

Apparently, everyone here is perfect, so I shouldn't have said anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Pretty much just that we need to be aware of our refusal to accept others, and to fix that.

I'm not trying to bash any particular class, or really be negative in any way. Just like I haven't expressed my personal view on homosexuality or bisexuality here.

I posted this because:

1. I don't like hypocrisy (but do find it amusing in that headshaking 'oh, how can someone be so ridiculous' way)

It isn't necessarily hypocrisy. Someone who is gay could easily see bi people the same way a straight person would in terms of not understanding/accepting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Actually, I'm posting something that I'm laughing at. I find it amusing that people (the article) can say one thing and choose to do another. I think we could all use a lesson in accepting each other instead of picking and choosing who we let be what/who they want to be.

Actually, you are posting something to a bunch of people you've said you openly hold in disdain, don't care about their opinion on things, and generally disapprove of the tone in which we deal with things. So why bother with a bunch of people like us, especially when you know we'll just start rolling around in the slop like the ignorant swine we are.

You decried it on your entrance here. Now you are feeding it. Just my opinion, but this speaks volumes about your integrity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"The gays" are not an amorphous blob with one mind. There are millions of gay people and like not-gay people, they are going to disagree on every issue under the sun.

There is nothing potentially amusing about this fact.

The study you posted listed gays as the LEAST anti-bisexual group that was studied (other than bisexuals themselves).

If you're not trolling, you're severely lacking in either common sense or reading comprehension skills. I assumed the most charitable conclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
MilesF wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I posted this because:

It isn't necessarily hypocrisy. Someone who is gay could easily see bi people the same way a straight person would in terms of not understanding/accepting it.

That's just a part I don't understand. I equate it a bit to race, because to me it's just as obvious as race. I have 3 half black nephews, had 2 half Mexican nephews, and have a half Vietnamese niece. All of them 'look' (or looked) like they were fully black, Mexican or Vietnamese. But I don't look at them and think 'oh, that's my black nephew'. They come from both worlds, both backgrounds, and sort of straddle the line between, when it comes to how they live.

To me, sexuality is the same. To say bisexuality doesn't exist is like completely invalidating the feelings and lifestyle of an entire people. People don't just fit into 1 or 2 categories. And I feel those who fight so strongly to assert their own rights, values and lifestyle should be the last people to reject someone else's.

In short, I just don't see it as right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I only read RSP for GameCrossing and Meerkat posts these days, and once in a while, DJ flying off the handle at someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Actually, you are posting something to a bunch of people you've said you openly hold in disdain, don't care about their opinion on things, and generally disapprove of the tone in which we deal with things. So why bother with a bunch of people like us, especially when you know we'll just start rolling around in the slop like the ignorant swine we are.

You decried it on your entrance here. Now you are feeding it. Just my opinion, but this speaks volumes about your integrity.

Not quite accurate, on many levels, but I'm not going to change your opinion, so I'm not going to bother trying. But I will address the 'why bother' part. Simple, I don't tend to write everyone off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Not quite accurate, on many levels, but I'm not going to change your opinion, so I'm not going to bother trying. But I will address the 'why bother' part. Simple, I don't tend to write everyone off.

So some of us can be salvaged? Oh, happy day!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
"The gays" are not an amorphous blob with one mind. There are millions of gay people and like not-gay people, they are going to disagree on every issue under the sun.

The study you posted listed gays as the LEAST anti-bisexual group that was studied (other than bisexuals themselves).

If you're not trolling, you're severely lacking in either common sense or reading comprehension skills. I assumed the most charitable conclusion.

You're welcome to your opinion. If you disagree with the fact that we should be more accepting, and that those who complain about a lack of acceptance should be most sensitive to that fact, that's your choice also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I only read RSP for GameCrossing and Meerkat posts these days, and once in a while, DJ flying off the handle at someone.

Hey, what a coincidence... I just read this place for me too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

So some of us can be salvaged? Oh, happy day!!!

Yep.

Well... maybe not you. But there's a few we can hold out hope for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
MilesF wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

So this is your schtick, is it? Last time it was "I know I'm right and since I know it there's no more reason to read this thread and I won't look at it anymore.*" Now you're going with "I could explain it to you, but you'll always be wrong so it's not worth my time."

You're like my old high school math book. You've got the answers, but only to the odd questions.

* You did. Made you itch, didn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.