Subject: Clarification needed! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nadim Alam
United Kingdom
Streatham
London
flag msg tools
Ive read through rules multiple times and most of the threads. But still some things are unclear for me. Please can someone answer these:

1) As soon as a fire is started in a room, do you add a burn token with the fire token on map? If so this tile would now have a fire and burn token, does this equate to two points of damage or still one?

2) You get 1 die per survivor in same room when searching/defending, does this have to be on same tile? or does it mean in same group on multi tracker?

3) Can searcher distribute items to people on same tile only or to anyone in same group on multi tracker?

4) Pass/receive items in same room/tile or in same group on multi tracker?

5) Im unsure how entrapment works when another player is trying to aid one player entrapped. Say both survivors have 1 die for freeing entrapment, i have one trapped survivor (obviously with only 1 AP) and another survivor (not trapped) with 4 AP. First the trapped survivor uses 1AP to roll 1 die but fails (all AP now finished)! Then the untrapped survivor comes into the tile of the trapped survivor. Now to aid the untrapped survivor, uses 1 AP to role only one dice for him/her self? Or in this 1 AP, does the trapped survivor also get to role one die even though has no AP left but is in same room? ie. so in total you get to roll 2 dice for each AP of the untrapped survivor.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:
Ive read through rules multiple times and most of the threads. But still some things are unclear for me. Please can someone answer these:

1) As soon as a fire is started in a room, do you add a burn token with the fire token on map? If so this tile would now have a fire and burn token, does this equate to two points of damage or still one?

2) You get 1 die per survivor in same room when searching/defending, does this have to be on same tile? or does it mean in same group on multi tracker?

3) Can searcher distribute items to people on same tile only or to anyone in same group on multi tracker?

4) Pass/receive items in same room/tile or in same group on multi tracker?

5) Im unsure how entrapment works when another player is trying to aid one player entrapped. Say both survivors have 1 die for freeing entrapment, i have one trapped survivor (obviously with only 1 AP) and another survivor (not trapped) with 4 AP. First the trapped survivor uses 1AP to roll 1 die but fails (all AP now finished)! Then the untrapped survivor comes into the tile of the trapped survivor. Now to aid the untrapped survivor, uses 1 AP to role only one dice for him/her self? Or in this 1 AP, does the trapped survivor also get to role one die even though has no AP left but is in same room? ie. so in total you get to roll 2 dice for each AP of the untrapped survivor.

Thanks.

1)Yes, a room receives both the fire token and a burn token, but the fire token has no effect, it only is there to determine the direction the fire is going to spread next. So only 1 damage during fire checks due to the burn token present.

2),3),4) The teamtracker only determines the zombie/creature reaction and fire spreading. All the other actions like passing items, searching and other actions as a group are performed with characters in the same room. Ohterwise it would not make any thematic sense

5) The entrapment roll is performed simultaneously.
So the entrapped player and all other players present can spend 1AP each to add 1 or possibly 2 (depending on the character) dice to the rescue roll. If the entrapped player is succesfully rescued he regains his lost AP. Of course, the entrapment can also be removed by destroying/removing all the zombies/creature in the room with the entrapped character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:

Thanks.

If I understand the question, which is kind of a complicated scenario, you're saying the entrapped character was alone in the room and rolled individually to escape the entrapment but then failed. 2) Another character then enters the room to attempt to free them. I believe the 2nd character will then decide if they will want to fight the zombies to just eliminate them which automatically frees the entrapped character, or if the odds are too great for a lone attack to try and give AP for an entrapment roll to help free the entrapped character. They may continue to do this until they run out of AP, or are successful. The entrapped survivor would not be assisting since they had already used up their 1 AP roll.

Now with a scenario regarding a character attempting to free another character who was not part of their multi-track group it could be that the entrapped character would not immediately regain the rest of their AP since their turn order was over, since either they were alone or their group was finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadim Alam
United Kingdom
Streatham
London
flag msg tools
OK thanks a lot guys for the clarifications. Just last 3 now hopefully

A)
So in other words, it makes no difference on an entrapped scenario if each player roles dice by them selves using 1AP. As each one doing it alone is the same as them all doing it together? For some reason earlier i thought that you would get a bonus die roll if they in same room using just 1AP between them to roll dice for both players. Oh Well

B)
Thanks for making the team tracker and grouping clearer also, i had been playing it wrong. As i thought being in the same group on tracker provides huge benefits, but according to your description being on the same tile with others that are not in the same group provides even more bonuses!

C)
Going by this new rule (well at least for me ), what happens when S1 finished turn on a tile/room, now its s2 turn. They are both on separate groups on the tracker! S2 finishes turn also in same tile as S1. A zombie or creature now reaches this room on S2 turn! Does the survivors now get 2 dice to defend? Even though S2 was the trigger and S1's turn is already gone. Also when the enemy attacks, can the damage still be split by the two survivors even though they not in one group!

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For part C. Yes they would both get to defend and so 2 dice would be rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NADIMALAM wrote:
OK thanks a lot guys for the clarifications. Just last 3 now hopefully

A)
So in other words, it makes no difference on an entrapped scenario if each player roles dice by them selves using 1AP. As each one doing it alone is the same as them all doing it together? For some reason earlier i thought that you would get a bonus die roll if they in same room using just 1AP between them to roll dice for both players. Oh Well

B)
Thanks for making the team tracker and grouping clearer also, i had been playing it wrong. As i thought being in the same group on tracker provides huge benefits, but according to your description being on the same tile with others that are not in the same group provides even more bonuses!

C)
Going by this new rule (well at least for me ), what happens when S1 finished turn on a tile/room, now its s2 turn. They are both on separate groups on the tracker! S2 finishes turn also in same tile as S1. A zombie or creature now reaches this room on S2 turn! Does the survivors now get 2 dice to defend? Even though S2 was the trigger and S1's turn is already gone. Also when the enemy attacks, can the damage still be split by the two survivors even though they not in one group!

Thanks.

A) It is definitly important to see it as two different things: a solo rescure roll VS group rescue roll. For one thing, not all characters have the same entrap value. When you are entrapped you would definitly benefit from the help of others, especially if one of the helping team members can roll 2 dice, doubling his chances of freeing you.

Also imagine the situation of being entrapped with 2 characters in the room. There is almost no chance to free yourself as an entrapped duo, so
you really need other team members to make it out of the room alive.

B) Yes, you have to see the teamtracker as something that regulates the reaction system. Nothing more, nothing less.
This makes it an "evil" device

C) Yes, Survivor 1 will contribute a die to the defense roll, as a defense roll doesn't cost any AP.
Also the damage can be split over both characters. So it is absolutely an advantage for a weaker character to end his turn in a room with another character that can still take a few blows.
Again, taking damage doesn't cost any AP.

Thanks for this last question, a very interesting one.
I will include it in the official FAQ I am compiling at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadim Alam
United Kingdom
Streatham
London
flag msg tools
Thanks David for the clarifications! Correctly playing with these rules will definitely make it a bit easier to win for me or maybe not

The thing i was playing entirely incorrect was grouping the players according to tracker and not tiles they are on, as i had thought thats what the manual was trying to say. Thanks for clarifying this was wrongly understood by me.

I made it almost right to the end last week, was playing a solo 3 player game but two of my players go entrapped by 6 zombies and 1 player got pushed back. Unfortunately, all the players i had chosen all only had 1 entrap rate i spent like 3-4 rounds trying to free them but to no avail! Getting the entrap icon is almost impossible. Im guessing when you roll for entrap and you get a success, you can't free yourself but it counts as a zombie kill?

Ive removed 5, 6 zombie counters. Made the mansion a bit easier with less cameras but still can not finish the game Ive not even introduced the special zombies or radiation yet!!! Blimey, just realised forget all those I've been lucky enough to not even have a Creature enter the house yet and I'm still struggling! HAHAHA

Cant give up, gona have to try again - hopefully these rules clarification will make it a bit easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.