Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
-If I deploy two musket blocks of the same daimyo with 2 special attacks card, what is the total impact delivered? 7?

-can I recruit into an enemy recruit location if it is occupied by my blocks? I'd say no..

-Unoccupied capitals revert control to original owner if enemy moves away from them or only castles work this way? (example: kyoto to Ishida?)

-If I deploy a normal block with a special attack card, I get no bonus for previously deployed musket/cavalry blocks deployed, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
-If I deploy two musket blocks of the same daimyo with 2 special attacks card, what is the total impact delivered? 7?

9, I think. 3 for the first, the second would give 3 + 1 bonus for the matching mon and +2 bonus for the matching weapon

kalevi1999 wrote:
-can I recruit into an enemy recruit location if it is occupied by my blocks? I'd say no..

No

kalevi1999 wrote:
-Unoccupied capitals revert control to original owner if enemy moves away from them or only castles work this way? (example: kyoto to Ishida?)

No

kalevi1999 wrote:
-If I deploy a normal block with a special attack card, I get no bonus for previously deployed musket/cavalry blocks deployed, right?

No

All this is by my unofficial interpretation, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think David is mostly right, but here's a correction and a comment:

kalevi1999 wrote:

I think this would be 7 indeed and not 9. Without special attack each block gives 1 impact, and then a special attack adds 2 impact for each block with musket, and finally matching daimyo adds one more impact.

All of the blocks with special attack (e.g. muskets) never get more than one special attack bonus.

kalevi1999 wrote:

This has puzzled me a few times and I don't know of a definitive answer. But I play that a special attack card gives a special attack bonus (to current and previous blocks) only if the block has special attack potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with David on all responses.

First musket block with a special attack card
block impact (# mon symbol) 1
musket 2
Total 3

Second musket block played with a special attack card
block impact (# mon symbol) 1
musket 2
same mon on previously deployed block 1
same musket symbol on previous block 2
Total 6

Grand Total= 9

Quote:
Cards with a sword in the corner enable a Special Attack. When
used to deploy a block with a cavalry or gun symbol, an attack of
that type is launched.

No "sword card with gun/cavalry block"= no special attack
Do not bother about previous gun/cavalry blocks as there is no special attack at all !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I stand corrected. I now believe it's indeed 9 and not 7.

I checked the GMT website and here is what section 8.4.1 says:

Quote:
Cards with a sword in the corner enable a Special Attack. When
used to deploy a block with a cavalry or gun symbol, an attack of
that type is launched. In a cavalry or gun attack, add two points of
Impact for the cavalry or gun, and another two points of Impact
for each block featuring that type of attack already deployed on the
same side in the present battle.
If a cavalry or gun block is deployed
without a Special Attack card, do not count cavalry or gun points
towards its Impact

Reading this, especially the sentence in bold, I think special attack bonus for a block can occur multiple times.

I have a 1st edition game so maybe those rules weren't clear on that or I just interpreted it wrong.

Go special attacks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Calkins
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David's answers are correct. I want to clarify that there is no special bonus, even when playing a bonus card, if the block being deployed is itself not special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.