Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt J
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien Metabolism: Buying cards costs you 1 less energy

Costumes: if a monster ends his roll with at least 3 claws he can steal Costumes from any Monster he damages by paying the Monster the cost of the Costume in energy.

Can a player that has Alien Metabolism steal costumes form monsters he damages at a discount? I lean towards "no" because Alien Metabolism refers to buying rather than stealing.

However, none of the terminology is consistent in this area, since Parasitic Tentacles says "purchase" rather than the "buy" on Alien Metabolism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't think so, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also say no. You are not 'buying' the costume, you are 'paying' the current owner the cost printed on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I would also say no. You are not 'buying' the costume, you are 'paying' the current owner the cost printed on the card.

Agreed. Purchasing is limited to the cards in the "river".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:

So are you saying that cards bought from other players using Parasitic Tentacles are also bought at full price even if you also have Alien Metabolism? Our group has always allowed those two cards to work together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StrykerJ wrote:
Huuuze wrote:

So are you saying that cards bought from other players using Parasitic Tentacles are also bought at full price even if you also have Alien Metabolism? Our group has always allowed those two cards to work together.

What is the wording on Parasitic Tentacles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording is "buy" not "steal", so Alien Metabolism doesn't work when you steal a costume.

Thematically Mimic and Unstable ADN shouldn't work either, but the woring doesn't clearly states the target is a Keep card and not a Costume (they didn't exist at that time). It would be great Iello gives us an offical ruiling about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.