United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this email about the stickers, I got the game and expansion yesterday and did not notice any differences between the stickers; but I will look again more closely. Luckily I have not stickered the round tokens yet.

TL : DR
If you have or plan to get the Council of Verona: Poison Expansion
Do NOT put the 'V' stickers on the round tokens!

I would suggest looking at the stickers for the base game and the expansion; then decide if you want to apply the 'V' stickers.
Other people recommend not applying the 'V' stickers at all, they serve little purpose. YMMV.

Quote:

Project Update #20: Error w/ "V" Logo Stickers on Poison Expansion
Posted by Crash Games

It has come to my attention that there is still an issue with the "V" logo stickers on the Poison Expansion. This was an issue that I caught in the advanced copies of Council of Verona and I worked very hard to solve and I was assured by my manufacturers that the issue would be fixed in the final production. Apparently machines were re-calibrated during the final production process and the ink color can slightly change which it unfortunately did.
First off this is embarrassing. I caught the issue in time, have a reputable manufacturer and was assured that the final production wouldn't have this issue and alas it does. You all put your trust in me to deliver an amazing product and this is a blemish on that, my apologies.

Tough Realities

Unfortunately we are in a situation that will not produce a remake. This has been a tremendous lesson is making games with "hidden information" It is unfortunately not possible for me to have my manufacturer make up replacement sticker sheets and then send them out, mostly because we would run the risk in having the same issue yet again but also the cost would be thousands of dollars in shipping alone. In manufacturing if you don't print everything at once that shares a common back you run the risk of a slight color variation (think card game expansions, I know that I own a couple that goofed on this)

So where do we go from here?

Well this is going to sound convenient but after having the game for awhile I prefer not to have the "V" logo stickers on the discs at all honestly. It covers up too much of the color and in low light situations (Pubs, Restaurants) it makes it difficult to differentiate the colors. In hindsight, which is always 20/20, I shouldn't have even made the "V" stickers.
It has been truly taxing dealing with all the behind the scene issues I did with the wood discs and stickers and I hope you all know that I gave 110% to making sure the game came out top notch. In future print runs I will move to plastic discs with engraving to avoid these issues, I was just unable to do that this go around due to the costs. I also want to make sure you know that my manufacturer took great steps in making sure the discs came out as good as possible even sorting the laser cut discs by handing and not charging me that extra labor.
So in the end there isn't really anything that I can do other than recommend that you not use the "V" stickers. I hope that you all enjoy your games.
Until next time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a variation of this on the Kickstarter update, but here's a way for you to put the "V" sticker on all of your tokens without worrying about color variation.

There are 20 V stickers in the base game. There are 10 more V stickers in the poison expansion. The important thing is that the stickers are consistent within the same color...i.e. the V sticker on a red token needs to match the V sticker on all of the other red tokens, but it doesn't need to match the V stickers on the yellow tokens.

Take all of the tokens from 3 of the colors. With 6 of each color, that's a total of 18 tokens. Use 18 of the 20 V stickers from the base game on those tokens.

Take all of the tokens from the other two colors EXCEPT for the 4 point tokens. That's a total of 10 tokens (5 in each color). Use the 10 V stickers from the poison expansion to sticker those.

The 4 point tokens are only used in the 2 player game, so really, you only need the 4 point tokens in 2 different colors. As long as you don't want to use those colors in the 2 player game, then every usable token in the game now has a V sticker that's uniform with all of the other tokens of the same color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I got beat to the punch on posting this. Thanks for putting this up guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Holm
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played several (enjoyable!) CoV+Poison games last night under flourescent lighting and never noticed any difference between the two sticker types. For us at least, I'm happy to report that this is a non-issue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
islander wrote:
We played several (enjoyable!) CoV+Poison games last night under flourescent lighting and never noticed any difference between the two sticker types. For us at least, I'm happy to report that this is a non-issue

Yeah, I attached the stickers on Monday and didn't notice anything wrong. After the update today I worried they might be bad, but when I got home from work I looked and can't find anything wrong with them. What was the problem supposed to be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boing, boing, boing... thunk!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stickered these up the moment I received CoV. When I got the update I checked the poison and antidote stickers against the point stickers and am happy to report that I was unable to notice a difference.

That said, I am considering removing them to make the player colors more distinct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

After trying under different lighting conditions, I cannot see a difference between the two sheets of stickers.

Even so I will not apply the 'V' stickers, for clarity of colour and to avoid having to apply the stickers consistently on all the disks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
What was the problem supposed to be?

The tan background is a bit darker on the stickers from the expansion.

I can see it, but I have one sticker sheet on the other. It may be harder to pick out when the stickers are on individual pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell any difference in color on mine, and I ordered two copies of the game. The only difference I can notice is that due to the way that the stickers are cut, the Vs are slightly off center on one of my Poison expansion sheets. The other one is just fine though. Doesn't matter to me, because I don't plan on using them regardless.

Honestly, I think that Patrick's just a perfectionist. I wish I could see this much care and attention to detail in all of the publishers in the boardgame industry. I've gotten other Kickstarters with far more serious issues and the publisher has just shrugged it off with barely an apology. This is my first Crash game, and I won't hesitate to buy more of them in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Reed
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'm BullTaco and I approved this message.
badge
Mess with the Bull.....
mbmbmbmb
Yea I read all about the stickers....before I got the game..played without them....inspected them again.....and put em on......I like the V's on the backs....no one in my group is that anal and going to try to find a "tell" on the stickers.....??

Patrick is a perfectionist!

Thank you Patrick for that...wish more publishers were like that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you apply stickers by color group, you can not only use a good number of the v pictures but also make the game more colorblind friendly.

Apply the 6 of the Crash stickers to green/purple. 6 of The poison v stickers to another color, and the remaining 18 however you want. I left purple blank, so it is more sharply contrasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't really noticed a difference in the color of the stickers, but I have found a (new?) problem: the discs themselves aren't consistent in size. Each color has some that are bit thicker, some are a bit thinner. For now, I've applied the stickers and hope the difference won't be noticable during play..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.