Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say there are 5 white cubes, my turn order marker is on the red space, and I have the tile that allows me to treat red and green cubes as the same.

Can I take a green action?

Edit:
The answer is no. See Stefan Feld's answer below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another Question on White Cubes, the Special Action Track, and a Progress Token
Yes.

White cubes = (special action track) red cubes = (progress token) green cubes

white cubes = green cubes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another Question on White Cubes, the Special Action Track, and a Progress Token
mfaulk80 wrote:
Let's say there are 5 white cubes, my turn order marker is on the red space, and I have the tile that allows me to treat red and green cubes as the same.

Can I take a green action?

Yes, and we've had this exact scenario in play.

You have your choice of:
5 white action points
5 red action points
5 green action points

It's a beautiful thing.
meeple
JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Feld
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Hello!

Sorry, the answer is NO !

(My English is so bad, but i try to explain this)

With this progress tile you can change green cubes into red cubes and vice versa. You can't change red action ( planning) into green action ( building) or vice versa.
So, if you can use white cubes for the red action, you can't transform the red action into the green action.
That is the reason, why the progress tile shows the cubes and not the action symbols.

I hope it helps.

Greetings
Stefan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan Feld wrote:
Hello!

With this progress tile you can change green cubes into red cubes and vice versa. You can't change red action ( planning) into green action ( building) or vice versa.
So, if you can use white cubes for the red action, you can't transform the red action into the green action.
That is the reason, why the progress tile shows the cubes and not the action symbols.

I hope it helps.

Greetings
Stefan

Thank you so much!!!! Can you weigh in on the Volcano tile discussion as well please? Does the Volcano break your chain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan Feld wrote:
Hello!

I hope it helps.

Greetings
Stefan

Thank you!

Yes, the difference between cubes and actions is what made me 2nd guess the idea that it was possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for this clarification !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lastname
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Part of the confusion arises from the English translation of the rules. The German rules for the Red = Green progress token simply say:

Quote:
Befinden sich im Aktionsfeld grüne aber keine roten Würfel, so kann der Besitzer statt der Aktion Bauen, die Aktion Planung wählen.

ODER

Befinden sich rote aber keine ­grünen Würfel im Aktionsfeld kann er statt der Aktion Planung die Aktion Bauen wählen.

This means:

Quote:
If there are green cubes but no red cubes in the action space, then the owner [of this token] can select the Plan action instead of the Build action.

OR

If there are red cubes but no green cubes in the action space, he can select the Build action instead of the Plan action.

So, unlike the official English rules, there's no mention of treating cubes of one color as cubes of another color.

Edit: Although I guess the German rules do mention changing colors in the part about the white Special Action.

Quote:
Diese Aktion kann erst gewählt werden, nachdem der Spieler einmal die Option 1: Spielerreihenfolge durchgeführt hat. Seine Reihenfolgescheibe steht dann auf einem Feld mit einer anderen Farbe als weiß. Liegt im Aktionsfeld kein Würfel dieser Farbe, nehmen für ihn die weißen Würfel diese Farbe an. Er kann nun die entsprechende Aktion wählen. Wer das letzte Feld der Sonderaktionsleiste erreicht, kann die weißen Würfel in eine beliebige Farbe umwandeln.

This means (to the best of my translating ability):

Quote:
This action becomes available after the player has performed Option 1: Player Order once. His player order disc will then be on a space with a color other than white. If there are no cubes of this color in the action space, the white cubes take on [or "assume" or "adopt"] this color for him. He can now select the corresponding action. Whoever has reached the last space on the special action track can convert white cubes to any color.

Interestingly, the English rules don't mention that last part, but it is indicated on the storage board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.