Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I'm going to be a participant in this years secret Santa for the first time ever and I want to make it really special for whoever my target is. I'd like to try and play some little games with them, with smaller gifts for each success, culminating in the final big gift. But, I'm not sure how to go about all that. So any advice/suggestions/warnings would be hugely appreciated, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly sure how to do exactly what you want, but here's something I did once on another exchange that might work:

One of my previous targets was looking for a particular game that was out of print. I found someone on the Geek marketplace that was selling a copy. i bought it, but had that person ship it direct to my target. it helped to conceal my actual identity until I chose to reveal it. maybe you could do something similar - have several smaller items sent from different people/addresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's a great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
every year there is a "santa" profile set up so that you can log into that and send messages as Santa to your target, that way you still conceal your identity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Christiansen
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'm gonna need that. I wonder what kind of missions I could send them on? Trivia type stuff, but I dunno beyond that. Hrm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
I taunt and tease. I sometimes have them post about their family and include little things for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.