Subject: Gondor Game Rules Queries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools

1. I have a stack of Rohan units in Forgotten Road. I use 1 unit to attack a 5 unit Shadow army in North Rammas. Without fighting a battle, the Shadow army must immediately retreat to a free region or be removed. Is this correct?

2. After the Woses token has been revealed, can I place further Rohan recruitment tokens in Forgotten Road, or must they be placed in the To Rohan region?

3. Can units in a NRA be used in a combined attack, including that caused by an “Encirclement” card? In which case, is the defender forced to retreat as per the above rule?

4. Free Peoples units cannot move from Minas Tirith to north and south walls and Rammas regions (or vice versa) unless the respective protections have been breached by Shadow armies. In other words the Great Gate is initially the only way into and out of Minas Tirith. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Yes.

2 You don't flip the counters until the Rohirrim force arrives, at that point the Woses counter allows you to move all the counters to the Forgotten Road.

3 Don't know.

4 Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks

Re Question 2:

I was asking about Rohan recruitment token placed AFTER the main force has moved out of the Forgotten Road - must they be placed back in "to Rohan"?
In other words is the Woses tile a temporary event or a permanent ability for forces coming from Rohan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
The answers to all your questions are now in the FAQ, located at:

http://home.rixtele.com/~charmtroll/wotr/expansion/index.htm

To sum them up:

Q After the Woses token has been revealed, can further Rohan recruitment tokens be placed in the Forgotten Road Region, or must they be placed in the To Rohan Region? And what happens if more tokens are to placed once the Rohirrim have arrived at the Forgotten Road?

A You don't flip the counters until the Rohirrim force arrives, at that point the Woses counter allows you to move all the counters to the Forgotten Road. Any tokens placed after the Woses token has been used are to be placed in the To Rohan Region.

and

Q Can units in a Recruitment Area be used in a combined attack, including one caused by an 'Encirclement' card? In which case, is the defender forced to retreat since the attack is coming from a Recruitment Area?

A No, the units in a Recruitment Area cannot be used in a combined attack. They are not in a Region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Regarding the Beregond card; can I use it to

(a) Place a fifth Gondor leader, assuming I have a figure from another set, or

(b) Bring back an eliminated Rohan leader

As an aside, are there any circumstances in which 4 Rohan leaders can be on the board? The rules lists 4 as needed, but only three are mentioned anywhere in the game.

I've drawn up a full list of leaders in both games for those wishing to "personalise" the figures:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/106546

Regarding question 3 (above) can I assume then that an army in an NRA cannot initiate a combined attack either, i.e. that an attack from an NRA cannot be combined with units from a normal region?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Angry Martian wrote:

Doesn't the card say you can bring back "a previously eliminated Leader"? And I belive you can only recruit an eliminated Gondor Leader.

Angry Martian wrote:
Regarding question 3 (above) can I assume then that an army in an NRA cannot initiate a combined attack either, i.e. that an attack from an NRA cannot be combined with units from a normal region?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Angry Martian wrote:

The official ruling (by Roberto Di Meglio (cybernex)), which is now in the FAQ, is:

(a) No.

(b) No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.