Popular Tags: [View All]
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every now in then I see a thread asking about games similar to LOTR LCG.
I recently started playing one that is worth mentioning. It's called Dungeon Crawler and it is designed for solitaire play, but can also be played coop and competitive.

I just wrote a review about it if you want to learn more about how the game plays.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1066670/a-brief-review-and-m...

I was originally going to write that review as a comparision between these two games, but I figured it was easier to just focus on that game, and comment on a few things on comparison in this this thread.

The major thing that both games have in common is that there is a player deck that you control vs. an encounter deck, called a Dungeon Deck, that you will be playing against. Just like in LOTR, you randomly draw cards from the Dungeon Deck each round. And then you use your player cards to deal with the situation, although unlike lotr where many cards are played in the planning phase, in Dungeon crawler you will play your cards in reaction what dungeon deck presents.

From there there are lots of differences, and if you read my review you will see what they are, but the simple mechanic of the two decs playing against each other is at the core of both these games. If you like Dungeon Crawl games and are willing to leave Middle Earth it may be worth taking a look, especially if you enjoy playing games solitaire. It could be a nice filler game when you're waiting for the next LOTR AP or expansion to come out.

And if you do get it and hate it, I'm sorry I mislead you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.