The Man
msg tools
If the Mutineer replaces the Sympathizer, can you cut the Mutineer like with the No Sympathizer option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mutineer doesn't exactly replace the Sympathizer. It's a slightly different Loyalty Deck creation rule.

Sympathizer = Include if the total number of players is 4 or 6.
Mutineer = Include Mutineer and an extra You Are Not A Cylon card if the total number of human players is 4 or 6. (4 or 6 with all humans, 5 or 7 with a Cylon Leader)

That being said, you could simply choose to add the extra YANAC card and not the Mutineer and probably be fine.

I've played one game where the Mutineer card ended up as the bottom card on an Exodus style loyalty deck, never drawn, and didn't see any balance issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh: Your definition is a little strange and perhaps overly semantic. Four players also invites a mutineer, for instance, making two normal humans, one Cylon, and one mutineer human.

Mutineer can replace Sympathizer, and does it fairly well in my opinion. If you don't like Mutineer either, though, just go ahead with the classic No Sympathizer rules. They worked well enough too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Edited my comment above to maybe clarify?

The point is that you would choose Cylon Leader or Sympathizer. But you can have Cylon Leader and Mutineer.
They are the same in spirit, but they are not quite the same mechanically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Trigiani
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamethrower49 wrote:
Four players also invites a mutineer, for instance, making two normal humans, one Cylon, and one mutineer human.

Or 3 humans and 1 cylon mutineer as long as he or she is unrevealed. After revealing, it's what you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
If the Mutineer replaces the Sympathizer, can you cut the Mutineer like with the No Sympathizer option?
I don't see why not. Those that want less swinginess (as Mutiny cards are another "wide variable"), can go ahead and just do the rules as listed....

7 Human cards
1 cylon card
total 8. Add +1s to suit requirements as necessary

start with:
Fuel, Food, Morale, Pop
8-7-9-10

instead of the usual:
8-8-10-12

and the revealed cylon draws 3 skill cards of any type, but all must be different. It's less 'fiddly' and rules than the Mutr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hoffman
msg tools
mbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
I've played one game where the Mutineer card ended up as the bottom card on an Exodus style loyalty deck, never drawn, and didn't see any balance issue.

FYI, I think you actually missed a rule that covers this case:

Daybreak rulebook, page 6 wrote:
After all players have received Loyalty Cards during the Sleeper Agent phase, if the “You Are a Mutineer” Card was
included in the Loyalty deck and was not revealed, the current player chooses a human player to draw an additional card from the Loyalty deck. If this player then reveals the “You Are a Mutineer” Card, he follows the above steps but does not draw an additional Loyalty Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
thisisnotatest wrote:
FYI, I think you actually missed a rule that covers this case

Nope, if that happens, with Exodus you still have 2 remaining cards, one of which is drawn. So, it is possible for the Mutineer to stay in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
thisisnotatest wrote:
FYI, I think you actually missed a rule that covers this case

Nope, if that happens, with Exodus you still have 2 remaining cards, one of which is drawn. So, it is possible for the Mutineer to stay in the deck.
In a recent game with all sets, the cylon card was the last one and never got dealt out :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.