5 Posts

Fortune and Glory: Sands of Cairo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Contact: Cairo card and Alexander Cartwright rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim DeForest
msg tools
mbmb
One of the options when playing the Contact: Cairo card is to pick Event Cards (4, I believe--I don't have the card in front of me.)

So if Alexander Cartwright plays this, does he pick eight event cards and just keep the 4 he wants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've come to the point with FFP games that I read the rules literally. In this case, I would draw eight cards and keep the ones you want. Seems kind of cumbersome to me and was probably a situation that never came up in whatever play testing FFP does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw two, choose one, then draw two, choose one, then draw two choose one, etc. Not draw eight and choose four. I also think it's incorrect when people play that you can choose to draw the second Event after seeing the first; in my opinion it's all or nothing as written (but that's just me, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
You draw two, choose one, then draw two, choose one, then draw two choose one, etc. Not draw eight and choose four. I also think it's incorrect when people play that you can choose to draw the second Event after seeing the first; in my opinion it's all or nothing as written (but that's just me, of course).

I think you are correct on how to play this on both counts. I was a little too hasty in my response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, the oceans of the FanG rules are deep and treacherous; I've just become used to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.