Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Parrott
United Kingdom
Crowthorne
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fairly common warning that is popping up these days whenever you download anything from the internet. It is just a warning though, I believe it's just to make you think before running it.

I've personally downloaded the web version and can report no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p g
Greece
Agia Paraskevi
flag msg tools
It doesn't run in the sandbox and protection provided by your web browser so it warns you that the program has the power to harm your computer if it wants to do so.

Legit programs will of course not harm your computer (at least not intentionally but that's another story).

The warning is there because some sites will lure you into downloading and running trojan, virus and co

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thousands of people have downloaded this program without harm. I also know the person who programmed it and I'm about as confident as I can be that he hasn't done and wouldn't do anything malicious. I think this is just a generic warning that you can safely ignore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.