Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Post a sketch of your Dream Draft deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Arnold
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
The news has arrived: the Draft format comes to Android Netrunner! I know everyone was probably thinking the same thing when they heard that there would be 30 card minimums, infinite influence, all agendas in play, as well as no upper limit on copies of cards included: what kind of wild decks is this format going to produce?

With that in mind, let's speculate on some Dream Draft decks. Keep them within the realm of possibility in terms of numbers of card duplicates. Obviously we all want that 7 Sure Gamble Runner deck but it's unlikely that's what we'll see coming around. Any obvious/simple combos jump out that were prohibitive in constructed?

p.s. no reason to post full decks here if you don't want to, just speculate on what's possible.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Astroscript, Atlas, and Beale in a deck with SanSan and Biotic Labor. Throw in as many hedge funds, Adonis Campaigns, Celebrity Gifts, and cheap ETR ices as you can fit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other side, vamp, account siphon, self-modifying code, same old thing, emergency shutdown, gordian blade, corroder, ninja, femme, and Magnum Opus. To get it all running, take diesel and quality time, and as many sure gambles as you can get your grubby little hands on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With no influence limit I want enough cards to scorch AND fast advance.

As a runner, I just want all the good criminal events, (inside job, shutdown, account siphon) for the early game and all the economy/breakers to play shaper style in the late game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want 20 copies of Next Bronze and ~3 Akitaro Wantonabe.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
I want 20 copies of Next Bronze and ~3 Akitaro Wantonabe.


Cyber War won't have any NEXT Bronzes, as there aren't any Spin cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Atlas and Vitruvius, with SanSan/Biotic/ ToL(?). Tutor any which way you like, and Fast Advace the winning agenda

For Runner, Criminal devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm personally tempted by big ICE, Oversight AI, and Ash and Red Herrings. Let the others squabble over the Fast Advance and agendas - I want solid, old fashioned advancing on those PriReqs.

For the runner, it strikes me that R&D locking and Imps would be great, but good breakers are probably paramount.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Kandiru wrote:
I want 20 copies of Next Bronze and ~3 Akitaro Wantonabe.


Cyber War won't have any NEXT Bronzes, as there aren't any Spin cards.


It was Dream Draft deck! I was just thinking which card would gain the most from having >3 copies in your deck, and I think at the moments that's NEXT Bronze.

That, or having all your agendas be Astroscripts...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daine .

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Snares, Fetals, neural EMPs. With a 30-card deck, doing 10 damage over the course of the game will likely kill the runner's chance of being able to win. Killing a huge chunk of the deck will kill limited breakers, economy, and tricks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that's what Lukas was saying damage gets nastier in a much smaller deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobvias Sudoneighm
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Basically, everything that works well with with the starter pack cards is extra valuable.

Cards that work well with Crypsis. Surge. Djinn. Cyberfeeder. Datasucker. From Shaper, Personal Touch, Modded, Dinosaurus.

You don't know what other breakers will become available to draft, or whether you will have enough of them to guarantee early draws, but you know you'll have Crypsis.

Then you want to maximize the impact of every run you're able to make. Maker's Eye from Shaper. From Criminal, Inside Job, Account Siphon.

For Corp, I think it is a similar strategy. Cards that make Priority Requisition better.

Big Ice, but only a couple. Hadrian's Wall. Archer. Lots of cheap, EtR Ice. Program trashing ice. Anything that hurts the runner when face-checked. A ton of economy needed to advance 5 with credits to spare. Melange. Hedge Fund. Oversight AI.

"Advance Twice" ambushes that look like Priority Requisition to help mask the real ones. Only need to advance two 3/5 agendas to win.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobvias Sudoneighm
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Also, do you get to see which cards the other players pick, as they pick them?

If so, I might take a card like Stimhack and play it only against opponents who didn't draft damage. Seeing what other people draft would also make spotting bluffs a little easier. I'm guessing everyone selects while nobody else is looking? In Netrunner draft secrecy would be more important than in Magic, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroScript Pilot Program + Salvage. You heard it here first.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
striatic wrote:
Also, do you get to see which cards the other players pick, as they pick them?

If so, I might take a card like Stimhack and play it only against opponents who didn't draft damage. Seeing what other people draft would also make spotting bluffs a little easier. I'm guessing everyone selects while nobody else is looking? In Netrunner draft secrecy would be more important than in Magic, right?


I'd assume you keep your draft picks secret. It'd be a little weird watching everyone pull the cards openly; you'd be able to deny certain people breakers, for instance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Icedman wrote:
striatic wrote:
Also, do you get to see which cards the other players pick, as they pick them?

If so, I might take a card like Stimhack and play it only against opponents who didn't draft damage. Seeing what other people draft would also make spotting bluffs a little easier. I'm guessing everyone selects while nobody else is looking? In Netrunner draft secrecy would be more important than in Magic, right?


I'd assume you keep your draft picks secret. It'd be a little weird watching everyone pull the cards openly; you'd be able to deny certain people breakers, for instance.


Yeah you would keep your picks secret, but in the videos they repeatedly discussed the idea of hate drafting, building your Corp deck around say tag and bag, then removing as much protection from the runner pool that you can afford (taking all the carapaces, link boost cards etc).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rodriguez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
waite wrote:
The news has arrived: the Draft format comes to Android Netrunner! I know everyone was probably thinking the same thing when they heard that there would be 30 card minimums, infinite influence, all agendas in play, as well as no upper limit on copies of cards included: what kind of wild decks is this format going to produce?

With that in mind, let's speculate on some Dream Draft decks. Keep them within the realm of possibility in terms of numbers of card duplicates. Obviously we all want that 7 Sure Gamble Runner deck but it's unlikely that's what we'll see coming around. Any obvious/simple combos jump out that were prohibitive in constructed?

p.s. no reason to post full decks here if you don't want to, just speculate on what's possible.


I want a deck that will love me for the person that I am. A deck that will take me away from the darkness that I see all around me and bring me back to the light of the world where a new life would be given to me. I want it to hold me, to caress me and never let go. I want a deck that will listen to my problems and know just what to say to make me feel better. I want a deck that's an awesome lover as much as it is an awesome cook. I want to have a deck that I can start a life with and raise a 2.5 nuclear family and save money for our little side-boards college fund. I want a deck that is as much of a going-out Deck as it is a stay-at-home-and-cuddle deck. And yeah, throughout that time we may fight and bicker about how it'll function, mainly because of a bad shuffle here and there or my own miss plays, but at the end of the day we look into each others eyes and we will just know that we've been forgiven long before and know that everything will be OK. That when we reach our golden years, we can look back on our lives and know we didn't just go with the motions, but that we lived life to our fullest, raised a perfect family who have their own little side-boards to take care of, and now it is our time to rest and drink mojitos as we watch the sun set across the horizon. And at the moment of our deaths, we know that shortly after we will be waiting for one another in front of the pearly gates of heaven, waiting for one another to cross into the nether that is eternal bliss and satisfaction. Sadly, this is only a dream... deck.

































I also want some cards to counter Datasucker.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.