Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Netrunner Drafting: What do you think will be in the 240 card pool? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I'm so excited that this no longer belongs in "Variants."

With that said, what are the community's predictions as to what will go into the draft pool? For starters, do you think the 240 cards will be split 120/120 Runner/Corp? I could see it going either way; on the one hand, you have 4 Corp factions, so maybe you'd want to make it more like 112/128 Runner/Corp. On the other hand, the draft IDs allow infinite influence and free reign for agendas, so 120/120 could be OK.

From the Corp cards in the pool, how many do you think will be agendas? After all, if they included every Corp agenda, that's what, 19 agendas? Would they really need ~15% of the draft pool to be agendas? (Or do you think they'd want more, to ensure more agendas are available to draft?)

How much ice? How many icebreakers, or how many non-icebreaker programs?

Just thinking about it makes my head spin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swarm.
Tyrant.
Woodcutter.
Stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I predict it won't include Account Siphon. For a 30-card runner deck it would be way too influential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orange Devil
msg tools
jopejope wrote:
I predict it won't include Account Siphon. For a 30-card runner deck it would be way too influential.

No Plascrete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Collective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orange Devil wrote:
jopejope wrote:

No Plascrete.

woo hoo, Muresh Bodysuit FTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Orange Devil wrote:
jopejope wrote:

No Plascrete.

Plascrete was already shown in the unboxing video with Lukas that Team Covenant did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Core Set and Genesis, minus the IDs and the cards in the starter, give us 215 cards. No idea what the last 25 could be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekkactus wrote:
Core Set and Genesis, minus the IDs and the cards in the starter, give us 215 cards. No idea what the last 25 could be.

Assorted cards from C&C, Opening Moves and Second Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jopejope wrote:

I predict it will include Account Siphon. For a 240-card pool its too influential of a card to cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekkactus wrote:

Of course, they could throw in Armitage/Crypsis/PAD as well, because you may well want more and there's no triplicate maximum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what would be the limited bombs? Usually cards which needs a more specific answers and which can win the game almost alone are very good (in MTG). I don't think Netrunner has many that kind of cards. That maybe makes universally good cards the best. Permanent effects are of course the best. I predict Crypsis will see the main use.

So lets try this. (Core and Genesis included)

My top 5 runner 1st picks:
1. Indexing
2. Desperado
3. Account Siphon
4. Kati Jones
5. Corroder

My top 5 corp 1st picks:
1. Ice Wall (or cheap ETR)
2. Hostile Takeover
3. Hedge Fund
4. Tollbooth
5. Project Atlas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Guessing is fun, but I've created a page for what we actually KNOW:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1067448/the-cyber-war-dr...

Please email or comment if you find evidence of other cards to add to our knowledge base!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
jopejope wrote:

I predict it will include Account Siphon. For a 240-card pool its too influential of a card to cut.

I just don't think it would work well in limited with 30 card decks. The corp wouldn't even be able to play around it the way you can against a Criminal player, where you know for a fact they have three in their deck. And with fewer econ cards, the 15 credit swing is a much bigger deal and much harder to recover from.

It might just have been the pack they showed in the TC video, but the corp pack seemed to have a lot more ice than I would have expected, and both the runner and the corp had a lot less economy. I'm sure both the card selection and frequency has been carefully tailored to provide a balanced mix of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Tekkactus wrote:

Hm. Are we sure that they're 240 unique cards? That is to say, are we sure the listing isn't like:

236: Hunter
237: Hunter
238: Hunter
239: Wall of Static
240: Wall of Static

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd bet they avoid cards that just aren't played like Data Dealer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Goodwin
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:

Or they go out of their way to include them to showcase how they can be situationally useful when you're forced to exercise your deckbuilding chops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brett wagner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
It is a 169 card pool:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4487

What Is a Draft Pool?

The current A Game of Thrones draft pack is drawn from a card pool of 240 cards that we call Ice and Fire.
The current Android: Netrunner draft packs are drawn from a card pool of 169 cards that we call Cyber War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:

Data Dealer is all over the place in the draft packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
sleepybrett wrote:
It is a 169 card pool:

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4487

What Is a Draft Pool?

The current A Game of Thrones draft pack is drawn from a card pool of 240 cards that we call Ice and Fire.
The current Android: Netrunner draft packs are drawn from a card pool of 169 cards that we call Cyber War.

Apparently FFG have corrected it; previously, that article listed both AGoT and A:NR as 240 card sets. Well, now we know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.