Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm hosting a 6-8 player "Bang! Dice Game" night this sat, with all new players (except my wife)(we've played the orig Bang! for years)...

I have my replica bullets, real arrows (mini crossbow arrows), sheriff's badge, and even my old western style poker chips for our "pool"; we always have everyone chip in maybe a 50 cent "poker chip" into a pot each game, and the winning team splits the loot: sheriff/deputies split (dead or alive), outlaws split (dead or alive), renegade takes it all...

sorry, got side-tracked...now Bang! The Dice Game looks like a blast (esp with newbies), but I was thinking I might not even bother using the character cards...to me this is a great game with just the "role cards"...

any thoughts (from someone who's used the character cards)? I know we don't have to use them, but do they really add much to the game? (if so, they're "in")...thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
i'm hosting a 6-8 player "Bang! Dice Game" night this sat, with all new players (except my wife)(we've played the orig Bang! for years)...

I have my replica bullets, real arrows (mini crossbow arrows), sheriff's badge, and even my old western style poker chips for our "pool"; we always have everyone chip in maybe a 50 cent "poker chip" into a pot each game, and the winning team splits the loot: sheriff/deputies split (dead or alive), outlaws split (dead or alive), renegade takes it all...

sorry, got side-tracked...now Bang! The Dice Game looks like a blast (esp with newbies), but I was thinking I might not even bother using the character cards...to me this is a great game with just the "role cards"...

any thoughts (from someone who's used the character cards)? I know we don't have to use them, but do they really add much to the game? (if so, they're "in")...thanks

The character cards, imo, add a lot to the game. It makes you feel unique and adds a lot of strategy to the game. I feel like the game would be a lot more plain without characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well, guess i'll give them a try then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also replayability.
Without characters you will quickly end with many scripted moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yes you need them because the amount of each player's life points is determined by the character cards. Also, some characters that have less life points are balanced out by their special abilities, otherwise they're handicapped (without the special abilities).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The characters are fun but not really that balanced. For example the character that gives you 2 life when someone else dies is completely broken in a 8 player game.

Having said that, i now love this game even more than king of tokyo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
The characters are fun but not really that balanced. For example the character that gives you 2 life when someone else dies is completely broken in a 8 player game.

Simply that guy must die first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Lauman
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I feel the really only broken character is El gringo with his give arrows each time he is hit. found that Indians tend to be the dominant killer with out him, with him in its worse. Been playing with arrows doing half damage round up. it works ok, and makes gringo not as bad. as for characters its boring with out em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.