Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Stewart
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the good fortune of being one of the playtesters for this game and let me just say my group has loved it! We have yet to have a bad game and every time it is different. I am an avid player of board games and do have a love for zombies so when I found out what I was play testing I knew I had just hit the jackpot. Now let me say one thing this is not just a zombie game to say that is a misrepresentation of what this game is. It really is so much more. The game has created so many discussions about the choices that players have made in the game after it is all over. Let's just say I look at my wife in a whole new light..... It really is a fun game and I look forward to seeing the final product and plaid hat games has been nothing but great to play test for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Stewart
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also wanted to say how much I love the artwork in this game! It is really clean, kudos to the artist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard speaks true. I'm play testing as well. There's a surprising amount of dramatic moments in the game. Looking at the box and hearing about the theme doesn't do it justice. Buddies of mine were torn morally about what decisions to make. It's very good and thoroughly entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am a playtester too. Plaid Hat games has been great to work with! They are making some smart choices as they tweak the game based on our feedback. It is really tightening up for the right balance of difficulty. Based on our NDA I can only comment on what they have disclosed in their podcast and is open/public knowledge.

I agree with the others, zombies are PART of the game but the stories and experiences can be very memorable. We tend to relive the dramatic moments of the past games every time we play. Like podcast episode 112 on Plaid Hats website discussing the game, our favorite survivor is Sparky the dog...he is so cool! http://www.plaidhatgames.com/podcast

Also, the exile and unknown betrayer mechanics are awesome and can totally change the game tension and strategy! Is Brian really a betrayer because he is screwing things up for us and needs to be exiled or is he just trying to finish his secondary objective? Let me tell you, he was finishing his secondary objective and we kicked him out and all of us in the colony ended up dying because of that decision and he ended up winning!

This is going to rank really high for thematic rank on BGG. The crossroad cards discussed in the podcast is spot on...the situational events based on character events/actions create unique flavor and difficult decisions to the game. You are totally emerged in the stories and you care about your survivors surviving like they were actually you and making decisions based on your needs versus the colony is not as easy as you might think. Great game!! Can't wait for its release!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Stewart
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to my local game store last night to playtest Dead of Winter with some friends who haven't played it yet and two games later we had a crowd standing around us having a blast just watching us play. Everyone afterwards said they had to get a copy. Man this really is a fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Brennick
United States
Lewiston
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am jealous of all of you! Hehee

This game sounds amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cortland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ETA on Release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.