Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Roffey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eclipse
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar (only 4)
Kemet (up to 5)
Betrayal at House on the Hill (Generally quick and lot's of fun)
Chaos in the Old World (4, 5 with expansion)

There are a ton more good games as well that other people will come up with that I don't know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Play your Battlestar Galactica already!

Your group may also like/love Cosmic Encounter (add Cosmic Incursion for the 6th player and the rewards deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hunters
The Resistance

I'll also back up Betrayal & Cosmic Encounter.

Why did you find the 4e DnD board games only okay? If you enjoy dungeon crawlers but found those particular ones a bit too shallow or dull, I'd recommend checking out Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition). If you just aren't into dungeon crawlers ignore me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey W
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree with Cosmic Encounter. Try Libertalia, especially if you like Citadels.

I have both Lord of the Rings LCG and Pathfinder and at this point I am way more addicted to LOTR.

On the rest Descent 2 is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony elmer
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Eclipse, Fury of dracula( a tough one to find), and chaos in the old world

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Roffey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Play your Battlestar Galactica already!

Your group may also like/love Cosmic Encounter (add Cosmic Incursion for the 6th player and the rewards deck).

How could I forget cosmic encounter? One of my favorite games, though someone in our group loathes it, so it never sees play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower might be worth a look (plays up to 6).

And 7 Wonders.

Also agree, that you should play your Battlestar Galactica. Really good game!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola
Eclipse
Flash point fire rescue (might be too similar to pandemic)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Yeti
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Libertalia

Discworld:Ankh Morpork

Sentinels of the Multiverse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kemet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Libertalia. I've never owned it. I probably will never play it. But Tom Vasel says if you like Citadels then you will like it. And I think he's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend ...

Yedo ... much better than LoWD

Cutthroat Caverns ... kinda like Munchkins, but, good. Get the expansions too, after a couple plays... they add cool new things, especially the scenario modules.

And I agree on most things Steve Jackson, but the one exception you really should bend your rule for is Revolution!. Very good, interesting, unique game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Trucker might be a good fit for you also. It's super chaotic and that turns some people off, but read about it and if you think you'll enjoy it based on the description you probably will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Barbie
msg tools
mbmb
I think Forbidden Desert might be a good co-op for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try King of Tokyo. It's a terrific game and doesn't overlap with anything on your list so it would be a nice, new genre for your collection. If you like it I also highly recommend the King of Tokyo: Power Up! expansion since it adds unique power cards for each monster.

Right now my current favorite is Sentinels of the Multiverse, a terrific cooperative superhero game. From your list it looks like you like cooperatives so I highly recommend this one.

Also since you like worker placement like Lords of Waterdeep and longer games maybe Dominant Species would be a good fit. Terrific game, about three hours or so though so but since you like Twilight Imperium I'm guessing long games aren't an issue.

Oh and yeah, since you love Shadows Over Camelot and like longer games play Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Roffey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
Try King of Tokyo. It's a terrific game and doesn't overlap with anything on your list so it would be a nice, new genre for your collection. If you like it I also highly recommend the King of Tokyo: Power Up! expansion since it adds unique power cards for each monster.

Right now my current favorite is Sentinels of the Multiverse, a terrific cooperative superhero game. From your list it looks like you like cooperatives so I highly recommend this one.

Also since you like worker placement like Lords of Waterdeep and longer games maybe Dominant Species would be a good fit. Terrific game, about three hours or so though so but since you like Twilight Imperium I'm guessing long games aren't an issue.

Oh and yeah, since you love Shadows Over Camelot and like longer games play Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game already.

All good games, but King of Tokyo without the expansion is essentially just a luck fest. Very little skill. Even with the expansion, still really luck based. Still lot's of fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roffster wrote:
King of Tokyo without the expansion is essentially just a luck fest. Very little skill.

I'm undefeated playing it. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
roffster wrote:
King of Tokyo without the expansion is essentially just a luck fest. Very little skill.

I'm undefeated playing it. ninja

Yeah, it's a light dice game but I'm with Matthean, it's got some skill involved too. A good player has better than random chance of winning over a bad player.

Besides, the game is fun and thirty minutes and great with new players. Makes for a good game to kill time or get casual gaming friends to join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
My group seems to have similar preferences. I'd suggest Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) and A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I feel bad for not replying last night. My girlfriend was like "get off the computer, now." Haha. I'll go through them all today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems we might like and dislike similar games.. BSG is a terrific game. I haven't seen any of the series, but I LOVE the game.

I'd recommend:
- Defenders of the Realm (fantasy-themed Pandemic with cool player powers).
- MageKnight the boardgame (wonder no one mentioned this before, basically runebound but then more involved and better in my book).
- Alien Frontiers (Great worker-placement game, more choices than LoW).
- Descent: Journey's in the Dark (v2, great Dungeon crawl)
- Exodus - Proxima Centauri (TI:3 light, less epic, but also less mathemetic/economic compared to Eclipse).
- Runewars (Fantasy version of TI:3)
- King of Tokyo (Great fun filler).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I like the look of Descent, but has anyone played it? Is it sort of like Dungeons and Dragons where the DM is not quite out to kill the players? Or should the overlord win from time to time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nwndotcom wrote:
I like the look of Descent, but has anyone played it? Is it sort of like Dungeons and Dragons where the DM is not quite out to kill the players? Or should the overlord win from time to time?

The overlord is trying to win. The overlord winning doesn't necessarily mean the end of the campaign though, it just means what happens next is different from if the adventurers won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruud2009 wrote:
- Runewars (Fantasy version of TI:3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nwndotcom wrote:

I love Descent. And the Overlord is actively trying to win which gives it quite a different feel than D&D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.