Napoleon's War: Battle Pack II – America's War» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Queenston Heights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone playing for the Americans ever won at Queenston Heights? If so, how did you manage it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Though unlike with Jena-Auerstedt, I think Queenstown is fairly accurate to the inherent unworkability of the American plan.

Do be sure, though you are using all the "Elite" units the Americans are authorized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there

I play with four elite units; two fixed as per the instructions and two which seem to be placed at will. I also award 2VP for the elimination of any British units at four or more strong. I played a game recently and for once managed to get a decent assault across the river but fell foul to the reinforcements after round 10.

I have had more luck with Jena and play as the game was designed. However, for Auerstedt I use the 4 Prussian elite and still struggle but at least it is fun to play and not frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder about Auerstadt. While in the end a decisive French victory, the Prussians did outnumber the French over 2-1; in spite of the ultimate outcome, the actual battle was more of a "near run" thing, something I feel this game's version does not capture at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AS you say, although a French victory against all odds the box version of Auerstadt is very frustrating and it is certainly not a close run thing. I did try it by increasing all of the Prussian units to 3 but that seemed to tip the game too much in their favour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.