Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Overdeer
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Game theme
So, I have the premise for a game I want to design. It's a find the killer, murder mystery deduction card game. All of the cards will be characters. Thematically I want the cards to be a group of shady characters and I don't want to go any further in the design process until I set the theme. So my poll here is asking a simple question: which theme do you like the best?
Which theme do you like best? (These are not game titles, just theme ideas. Please comment with more suggestions.)
Pirates: Murder on the High Seas
Jailbirds: Murder on Death Row
Assassins: Broken Code
Mobsters: Murder in the Family
      27 answers
Poll created by beerdoodle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait... Murder on Death Row? Are you serious? That'd be awesome! That's a whodunnit I haven't seen before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Overdeer
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also thought of Geriatrics: Murder at the Nursing Home, but I thought it would be a little too politically incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnival: the Murder of a Dying Business
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Scott Grant
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All those themes are cliche, if you ask me. Can you come up with something completely original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It was a dreadful and stormy night so all the kids hopped in bed with Mom and Dad. Later that night you are awoken to a very warm substance touching your leg. EWWWW! Who wet the bed?!!

That original enough for a deduction game? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twin Peaks
/thread

I recommend Twin Peaks every time someone is looking for a theme, mostly because I want a TP themed game so badly. But here, it actually works. The richness of the theme is worth whatever the licensing rights might cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.