Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, what do you think of it compared to Season 1?

Compared to other, similar games?

I just received my copy today but haven't had a chance to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let ya know in a week after mine arrives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had chance to actually play it, but from looking through the rules, playing around with the map editor, and thinking about custom scenarios, I'm loving it already!

I can see some really creative scenarios, that use the Prison Outbreak components (and the Toxic City Mall one's too), coming out of the Kyoko competition in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:

Off Topic Note: I am really happy to see you finally got something to say other than; "WHERE IS MY COPY?" (That's not sarcasm, I am truly glad you finally got some answers! I was in anguish right along side you and could feel your frustration growing day by day!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's amazing, and even though I thought Season 1 was perfect, Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak kicks it's tail all over the place!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornbread46 wrote:
RiderPestilence wrote:

Off Topic Note: I am really happy to see you finally got something to say other than; "WHERE IS MY COPY?" (That's not sarcasm, I am truly glad you finally got some answers! I was in anguish right along side you and could feel your frustration growing day by day!)

Hell, I'm glad I can quit saying it quite honestly! I probably owe some apologies for being a bit of an ass at times!

Anyway, have you received your game yet? I'm so damn excited for it to arrive!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
Also, what do you think of it compared to Season 1?

Compared to other, similar games?

I just received my copy today but haven't had a chance to play it.

I've only played one game (plus one game of S1 + TCM) but I really enjoyed it. We played with dogz (both) and I really enjoyed the different zombies, mission structures, and areas. It needs some ironing out as there are some ambiguities with some of the rules (but S1 had this issue too) but I am looking forward to playing it some more and certainly think it's different enough to S1. At the moment S1 has a lot more missions for it because of all the free ones, but as Scott says, I'm sure we're going to start seeing PO Kyoko missions soon enough. I intend to treat them as two separate games, but envisage enjoying both at different times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine this morning, but I can already see that the PO tiles are great for smaller set-ups, but don't lend themselves well to a larger facility. I should have gotten a second set of PO tiles. And while I like the TCM tiles better because their connectivity is more consistent than PO, I really needed to get a 3rd set of those tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
I just got mine this morning, but I can already see that the PO tiles are great for smaller set-ups, but don't lend themselves well to a larger facility. I should have gotten a second set of PO tiles. And while I like the TCM tiles better because their connectivity is more consistent than PO, I really needed to get a 3rd set of those tiles.

ALL the tiles! You must have an awesome gaming set-up! I'm jealous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first scenario of PO yesterday, yay!
I played it vanilla, with only the contents/survivors of PO (i'll probably play all missions of PO and TCM vanilla as a start, to get a feel of it before adding/combining multiple options)

it was the introductory mission, first impressions are that the combination of the lifesaver skill of joshua and taunt skill of grindlock are quite useful together, certainly since they dont require spending an action.
the berserkers really do pose a dilemma to the survivors, certainly the runners; you either must risk going into melee in their location to eliminate them, but you run the risk of remaining stuck if you cant kill them all this turn or either leave them unharmed.
thats were lifesaver is very useful to pull the stuck survivors out for free.
PO is much more bent on melee as there are quite a lot of melee weapons available now and generally stronger than the ranged weapons.

I'll be trying the next scenario tonight, finally getting into the switch activations puzzling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stegner
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the ability to open and close doors makes it a much different game. I don't want to say that it is better or worse. But it changes the strategy a bit.

I think it stands up well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Grindling
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe it has the potential to be really awesome. Unfortunately the missions in the book are so-so. Looking forward to the Kyoto contest user submitted missions involving PO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
longagoigo wrote:

In the middle of my 2nd try at my solo 4x7 mission with 10 survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
longagoigo wrote:

/me: wishes he had a room, let alone a table, big enough for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
longagoigo wrote:

/me: wishes he had a room, let alone a table, big enough for that!

The room could be bigger, but the table is three 40x210cm very lightweight planks over two plastic folding tables, which sit a little higher than the dining table, which the end can then be used as a side table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I actually think it's pretty amazing. With the dogs and bonus spawn cards thrown it I am REALLY liking the breakdown of the zombies in the game.

I'd actually like to find the tiles from Season 1 to open up possibilities for playing scenarios, but otherwise have very little incentive to get S1 or TCM based on how well PO is working on its own.

I *do* think I'd be less happy if I didn't have the dogs and a sprinkling of toxics, so I'm not sure I'm answering the question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
longagoigo wrote:

This looks EPIC. Hope you give us a game report of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I'd actually like to find the tiles from Season 1 to open up possibilities for playing scenarios, but otherwise have very little incentive to get S1 or TCM based on how well PO is working on its own.

I agree for season 1, which is not needed at all, tiles appart (and survivors, thar are more charismatic than new ones).
But TCM is a whole different story. I think it's a really good addition, and i don't think i'll ever play without it.
Toxic guys are really intresting, ultrared weapons offer new choices (they somehow dilute the deck since you can't use them until red but offer a real intencive to reach red level), the missions are really intresting, so are the tiles and the chits given with.

Of course, it's better if you have S1 tiles, because half of the missions in TCm need them.

I think the mall is the most appealing place to have a zombicide, so i'm sure the tiles will be used a lot in custom missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really digging PO. Last night we played the first mission and had enough extra walkers spawning at red level with fatties that I had to break out a few zeds from Season 1 to prevent an extra activation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I'm noticing that the S1 tile pack is pretty much not available anywhere so that might prevent me from making that choice :-)

I wasn't really aware of what was in TCM and some of that definitely sounds worth $40....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I'm noticing that the S1 tile pack is pretty much not available anywhere so that might prevent me from making that choice :-)

I'd expect it to start turning up in shops again fairly soon - it was available during the Kickstarter, so they will have printed a whole load of them. However, you might find the best way to get it is direct from CMON.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think TCM is to be handled with care.
i like the weapons and options it brings, but some are quite powerful.
it gives so many options to have 3 damage weapons (by themselves or in combination with skills and other items) that abominations should rather run from the heroes than towards them

what i like about PO is that the additional zombie types really reduce the risk of extra activations due to running out of models, the risk is more spread out while you still need to keep an eye out for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that TCM adds a lot of cool stuff (rubble, barracades) and good map elements (although garish with almost indistinguishable alleys) plus the S1 survivors as zombivors, which you could run as normal. S1 tile pack is all you really need from S1, but still......

PO has a nice toxic spill outside the prison wall, so I added a toxic spawn point there, so the folks at the prison end of my big map have to contend with some toxic zombies (it spawns a single walker every turn). I also put a breach in the prison wall, using the torn barbwire token, so zombies spawned outside can get in and those inside can get out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
That's a tough question, OP! Overall, I find PO to be a more engaging experience, but berserkers not double activating bothers me a bit at times. On the whole, PO's missions contain more theme, the zombies have more variety, and the survivors are just as interesting, so I'd probably give the win to PO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.