Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Un.

Fucking.

Real.

"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation"

And most of you morons voted for this lying scumbag... twice! I told you so in 2008 but did you listen? Noooooo.... you were too busy carrying on about my age. Well, thanks, I'm gonna get even better, cheaper insurance than you, at your expense! Chumps. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Obama Apology Tour 2013 ~ (Or, in RSP conservative paralnce: I told you so!)
When I was a boy, there was a figure of speech my father used to use, "That guy could mess up a free lunch."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Re: Obama Apology Tour 2013 ~ (Or, in RSP conservative paralnce: I told you so!)
The only thing worse than Pres. Obama right now are the Tea Party Republicans with nothing better to put on the table.

Ah well-
Obama leaves in 2016, and the with the rejection of the Tea Party in Virginia, its very likely we'll see the Tea Party leave sooner.

Sorry, my Gall Bladder needed to release some Tea Party bile. I'm better now.

Go Ted Cruz!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm continually bemused by the logic structure shown here.

"A is bad"

-Yes, I agree that A is bad.

"Therefore, you should go with B!"

-No, just because A is bad, doesn't imply B.

"Yes it does! You're just a partisan IDIOT!"

-Sigh.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THANKS WEBSITE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Blame the GOP for running one of the few people who would be doing a worse job right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think the Obama presidency is second only to that of the Carter presidency in how ineffectual (arguably detrimental in various aspects) it has been.

What turns me off a lot is that I don't have this intense venomous hatred about neither Presidents Obama nor Carter. As much as I might think they're liberal useful fools or bad leaders or whatever, both are nice, personable, intelligent and accomplished men.

The bile out there cancels out with any cultish support from the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
isaacc wrote:

I think the Obama presidency is second only to that of the Carter presidency in how ineffectual (arguably detrimental in various aspects) it has been.

What turns me off a lot is that I don't have this intense venomous hatred about neither Presidents Obama nor Carter. As much as I might think they're liberal useful fools or bad leaders or whatever, both are nice, personable, intelligent and accomplished men.

The bile out there cancels out with any cultish support from the other side.

I don't know-
Carter had some very definite accomplishments.

He got the hostages out of Iran in just 444 days, without having to trade HAWK and TOW missiles as bribes (and without shunting the profits from that illegal arms trade to another illegal covert operation.)

He also brokered the Camp David Accords, which fundamentally shifted the balance of power in the Middle East by creating a workable, if sometimes tense, relationship between Egypt and Israel.

I don't think that Carter is the 'worst' president ever. I don't think that Obama will be either. Buchanan and Filimore's shoes are awfully hard to fill.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2008, people were voting for Obama.
In 2012, they were just voting against Romney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Seriously Dar? The Tea Party? Man, you have finally been outed... you're exactly the same as the rest of the Libtards here except you do that whole "I'm a serious historical gamer" smoke and mirrors shit. Google makes everyone look smart until they finally just get tired of pretending to know shit.

The Tea Party? Is that the new Bush? The TP didn't even exist when Obama started lying and fucking you guys all in the ass. They have zero to do with Obama lying, you voting for him, him lying again and again and you guys still, like good little zombies, putting that scum-sucker back into office.

Don't you people ever get tired of excusing your "hero" and his multitude of failures by falsely mitigating them with the failures of presidents from 40 or 140 years ago? You do realize that it makes you look even more stupid when you do the whole "Yeah, but... Bush/Carter/Nixon/Fillmore/Tea Party/Fox News/congress..." thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
DWTripp wrote:
Seriously Dar? The Tea Party? Man, you have finally been outed... you're exactly the same as the rest of the Libtards here except you do that whole "I'm a serious historical gamer" smoke and mirrors shit. Google makes everyone look smart until they finally just get tired of pretending to know shit.

The Tea Party? Is that the new Bush? The TP didn't even exist when Obama started lying and fucking you guys all in the ass. They have zero to do with Obama lying, you voting for him, him lying again and again and you guys still, like good little zombies, putting that scum-sucker back into office.

Don't you people ever get tired of excusing your "hero" and his multitude of failures by falsely mitigating them with the failures of presidents from 40 or 140 years ago? You do realize that it makes you look even more stupid when you do the whole "Yeah, but... Bush/Carter/Nixon/Fillmore/Tea Party/Fox News/congress..." thing.

My word you're predictable.

*Poke Here- Get Rant*

Alas, in falling for a very predictable (and somewhat obvious) bait, it looks like you missed the only real point that I had-

Obama being a bit of a failure doesn't mean that the other side is necessarily 'good'. I think Obama is a bit of a fuckup- I think that the Tea Party opposition is also full of fail. I don't live in some Manichean political universe where if I dislike one side, I'm automatically on the other.

(Oh, for those of you, like Tripp, who are educationally challenged, Manichaeism is the doctrine that both Good and Evil are equal but opposite realities, and that one is unable to be separate from the battle between the two. The last time I assumed people got a reference of mine, Tripp got mad. Don't worry; I put in a couple of bucks in the jar for using a big word.

So this historical is brought to you by TRIPP- Always looking to expand his knowledge base.)

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
No Dar, you fail again.

You, like almost everyone here in this Lefty Paradise, cannot address and discuss Obama unless you bring in anything, anyone, any other ideology. That's where you are outed as being as much a fool as the rest of them. I wasn't discussing some "other side"... in fact, I have no "other side" except for the imaginary one you have falsely believe I am a member of. I don't care about the TP, I don't belong to the TP. I don't care about Carter or Nixon, or Bohner or any of that crap because none of those guys caused this. Obama did. He lied, he marshaled his propaganda machine and sent out his henchmen to spread the lie and he browbeat the passage of his lying program that cost us plenty.

And you want to talk about what? That it's not so bad because hey, some guys in congress are TP members? You're a fucking idiot if that's how you honestly parse contemporary politics. What you're basically saying is that if one guy commits a crime then what we really need to talk about is how that crime isn't really any worse than crimes committed by guys you don't like as much.

Dude, I'm trying to save you. Obama is a liar and was a liar when I said he was 5 years ago. The TP is a non-issue here, they're absolutely no different than any of a dozen of the big money bundlers Obama has or that any presidential candidate uses. You know it and you're avoiding that truth. If you don't actually know that then I'm sorry.... that's pathetic.

Man up... admit it. You're a fucking liberal twat pretending you are above the fray.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
DWTripp wrote:
No Dar, you fail again.

You, like almost everyone here in this Lefty Paradise, cannot address and discuss Obama unless you bring in anything, anyone, any other ideology. That's where you are outed as being as much a fool as the rest of them. I wasn't discussing some "other side"... in fact, I have no "other side" except for the imaginary one you have falsely believe I am a member of. I don't care about the TP, I don't belong to the TP. I don't care about Carter or Nixon, or Bohner or any of that crap because none of those guys caused this. Obama did. He lied, he marshaled his propaganda machine and sent out his henchmen to spread the lie and he browbeat the passage of his lying program that cost us plenty.

And you want to talk about what? That it's not so bad because hey, some guys in congress are TP members? You're a fucking idiot if that's how you honestly parse contemporary politics. What you're basically saying is that if one guy commits a crime then what we really need to talk about is how that crime isn't really any worse than crimes committed by guys you don't like as much.

Dude, I'm trying to save you. Obama is a liar and was a liar when I said he was 5 years ago. The TP is a non-issue here, they're absolutely no different than any of a dozen of the big money bundlers Obama has or that any presidential candidate uses. You know it and you're avoiding that truth. If you don't actually know that then I'm sorry.... that's pathetic.

Man up... admit it. You're a fucking liberal twat pretending you are above the fray.

Trust me, Tripp-

Your response is just an Affirmation of my Awesomeness.

Just because I don't make every....single.....thread..... I do about Obama (that would be the Tea Party, natch) doesn't mean that I have to 'prove' shit to you about my opinions about Obama, man.

But more to the point-
I enjoy getting you to dance to my tune.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Darilian wrote:
[

I don't know-
Carter had some very definite accomplishments.

Yeah, he has not accomplished a single thing since he's in power:
- he was not able to continue a war that cost us trillions.
- he was not able to continue a second war.
- he was not able to run indefinitely after Bin Laden.
- worst of all, he was not able to wreck the whole economy.
- he was not able to raise insurance costs through the roof like his predecessor did.
- he was not able to raise education costs through the roof like his predecessor did.
- he has failed to increase the effects of recent storms and hurricanes.
.... and the list goes on and on.....
This guy is a total failure, especially by republican standards.
The country is almost completely upside down compared to what it was when the republicans left.
I am convinced that future generations will remember Obama as the president who failed the country, right after the magnificence of the Bush presidency.

btw, if I were one of the die-hard republicans here, I would stop focusing on Obama, and start the spin machine on Clinton, otherwise you guys are good for a second Clinton term (I agree that there not much to do for the first, but it's not a reason to be discouraged - it's not completely Obama's fault if the republican party is disintegrated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obama: not the president we need, but the president we deserve.

*cue dramatic music*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
If it's true what the conservatives say, then running on a "Not-Obama" platform to win the 2016 presidential election for the Republican candidate should be as easy as stealing candy from a baby.

P.S: I'm really looking forward to the Republican primaries. They should be more exiciting than the election itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
If it's true what the conservatives say, then running on a "Not-Obama" platform to win the 2016 presidential election for the Republican candidate should be as easy as stealing candy from a baby.

P.S: I'm really looking forward to the Republican primaries. They should be more exiciting than the election itself.

Republicans suck. Democrats suck. You suck more than our two parties combined. The fact that you will take pleasure if the failure of our collective 'Western' society shows what a dickhead you are. For your sake you had better hope the well doesn't run dry before you receive all of the freebies that allow you to be so unproductive and yet so present. Keep biting that hand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Republicans suck. Democrats suck. You suck more than our two parties combined. The fact that you will take pleasure if the failure of our collective 'Western' society shows what a dickhead you are. For your sake you had better hope the well doesn't run dry before you receive all of the freebies that allow you to be so unproductive and yet so present. Keep biting that hand...

Where did I ever say, that I take pleasure in the "failure of our collective Western society"? I simply believe that the upcoming Republican primaries will determine the future of the GOP and therefore substantially the future of the US two-party system. Maybe that isn't so exciting to you...

I post here in my free time: during lunch break and then again after work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:

I post here in my free time: during lunch break and then again after work.

You're working now? Keep it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew that he would be a failure but I had hoped that he would just keep his one promise and deliver an NCAA football playoff system.

Unfortunately he even managed to fuck that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I believe you may be a little obsessed.

Drew1365 wrote:

Self-awareness.

Get some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Darilian wrote:

Trust me, Tripp-

Your response is just an Affirmation of my Awesomeness.

Just because I don't make every....single.....thread..... I do about Obama

See what your blind and irrational hatred has done? It makes you unable to see that the last thread I started here was about Canada. I will admit though, since you outed yourself as a liberal suck-up I haven't seen a single post of yours that wasnt about how horrible you believe the TP is.

Quote:
(that would be the Tea Party, natch) doesn't mean that I have to 'prove' shit to you about my opinions about Obama, man.

You inserted yourself and your rage into my thread dude, I didn't call you out. Quit being a dipshit and acting like I demanded a single fucking thing from you. You weren't on my radar until you took a hate-dump here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb

Of all the obamacare icebergs currently floating around, the one I haven't seen discussed yet is the one with all the american idiots on it. These are people who are so clueless, so utterly disconnected with what's going on that they don't even realize that by law they MUST now have health insurance--period! (heh heh)--or, per scotus, be considered tax cheats. I would guess that several hundreds of thousands of people fall into this category and they'll end up either having the IRS garnishing their wages or just throwing their asses into jail. Perhaps we can reach a bipartisan agreement over the urgent need to build forty new federal prisons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Gialmere wrote:
Of all the obamacare icebergs currently floating around, the one I haven't seen discussed yet is the one with all the american idiots on it. These are people who are so clueless, so utterly disconnected with what's going on that they don't even realize that by law they MUST now have health insurance--period! (heh heh)--or, per scotus, be considered tax cheats. I would guess that several hundreds of thousands of people fall into this category and they'll end up either having the IRS garnishing their wages or just throwing their asses into jail. Perhaps we can reach a bipartisan agreement over the urgent need to build forty new federal prisons.

Or they just check a box on their tax return and their refund gets reduced by $95.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb

These people wouldn't understand such a box. At best they would think...

I don't get this but it can't possibly apply to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.