Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Williams
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
charles Banard and Mary Rose Rhone have the first aid ability.

You may roll a die before checking for trauma. If you get a 5 or 6 remove one trauma from any player. Then, you may discard 2 sp tiles in order to remove 1 trauma from any player.

Im a little confused on this card.

I dont think it should read remove trauma it should read remove injury.

Is this a misprint on the card.

The spanish version translates the way the card reads..

I think its a error. In the rules a trauma is permanent!

PS great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they can literally heal traumas. You can also use medicine on traumas. Traumas are only relatively permanent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Barnard
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone be able to clarify this card for me please? My group had a real struggle interpreting this ability.

Is it so that when any player has to check for a trauma (at the end of the round) the player with First-Aid can also roll a die to see if they get a 5/6. If they get that then they're allowed to remove a trauma from any player with at least one trauma?

If that'd the case it doesn't make much sense to me...One reason being that you have to pick up an injury before being able to activate the ability to remove a trauma - injuries and traumas are different things. Should it not be that you can attempt the First-Aid ability whether the players have injuries or not (but at least one person has a trauma)? I dunno, I'm getting confused just writing this! Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Beck
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are playing the german version, which also has "remove a trauma" (Infektion), and not "remove an injury" (Wunde). So, the first aid ability only can be used if at least one player has at least one trauma. Makes sense to us, because you can remove injuries by resting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the trauma just "downgraded" to a white cube? Or do you just get to remove the black cube and clear a space on your card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Beck
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German rules say that it is removed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conica ned
Netherlands
flag msg tools
In that case I like to know:
When the traumacube is removed, is the player allowed to move the injurycubes below one space up?
(don't know how to quote, sorry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vicente
Spain
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes, that's what you have to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.