Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail store in St. Louis is a must see if you travel there, as they have lots of games at solid discounts. They are in alpha order. The online store is fantastic -- and they earned my business by enabling me to keep an order open until a preorder arrives, to get the free $99 shipping. What's more, I can add to the order while it is pending by clicking the box "retail store pickup" and then in the comments section ask them to add it to an existing order #. It's advice like that which is customer focused that gains my business. And the prices are usually unbeatable elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was impressed with my box and how it was packed for Terra Mystica, Vanuatu and Rialto. I am happy with my recent order from Miniature Market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Zettlemoyer
United States
Fort Washington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Live It, Love it
badge
If This Be Doomsday...
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottNotSteve wrote:
The retail store in St. Louis is a must see if you travel there, as they have lots of games at solid discounts. They are in alpha order. The online store is fantastic -- and they earned my business by enabling me to keep an order open until a preorder arrives, to get the free $99 shipping. What's more, I can add to the order while it is pending by clicking the box "retail store pickup" and then in the comments section ask them to add it to an existing order #. It's advice like that which is customer focused that gains my business. And the prices are usually unbeatable elsewhere.

I'm a big time MM customer, and love the store, but be warned, while they are good with holding preorders, as you mentioned, they aren't good with holding in stock orders until you get $99. If it's in stock they want to ship immediately. I had issues with that recently.
I still like them and buy from them, but the daily deals are less appealing to me now that I know I have to buy $99. If I have a pre-order it's a different story. It's kind of frustrating. Adversely, coolstuffinc is good with this.

Outside that, MM have been awesome. One of my favorites: I bought over $99 from their scratch/dent outlet and they shipped it home for me for free with a pre-order. Now THAT was incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
dirtybacon wrote:
I'm a big time MM customer, and love the store, but be warned, while they are good with holding preorders, as you mentioned, they aren't good with holding in stock orders until you get $99. If it's in stock they want to ship immediately. I had issues with that recently.
I still like them and buy from them, but the daily deals are less appealing to me now that I know I have to buy $99. If I have a pre-order it's a different story. It's kind of frustrating. Adversely, coolstuffinc is good with this.

Outside that, MM have been awesome. One of my favorites: I bought over $99 from their scratch/dent outlet and they shipped it home for me for free with a pre-order. Now THAT was incredible.

Put any pre-order item into your order. They're happy to add to that order, and they've removed pre-order items from my orders before so I could have something shipped out once it reached the free-shipping threshold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Topher
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MM is ok, but I agree with the above poster about them sometimes being a bit sketchy about holding in-stock items. I recently had an order in which I purchased an in stock game (3 copies left), along with some other items. It sat for "processing" for a while, (A week or so, there were no pre-orders in there. A while longer than it used to take a year ago in which case I've gotten shipments from them in as little as 2 days! I'm not sure what happened to their shipping time. More business than they can keep up with?)
When I finally received the package, that game was not included, just a paper notification that I would be refunded my purchase price. :-/ This was the second time that happened.

If MM reads this, I REAAAAALLY wish you would notify us about purchase changes BEFORE you ship items. Sometimes we tack things on to qualify for free shipping around a particular order, or the order is intended to be a bundle of sorts. Imagine buying Arkham Horror and a few expansions online and getting the expansions in the box but not the base game. Frustrating, eh?

So, aside from when I need specific lines of miniatures, CSI gets all my business as of late. (My discount through them makes it cheaper than MM anyway.) I've had nothing but 100% from them thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like MM because they have such a large inventory on games that if there is a hard to find game, they are likely to have a couple copies. My only real complaint is that it takes them several days to process and ship an order. Luckily they aren't far away so it only takes UPS a day or two to get here once it does ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.