Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Montoya
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
The first (designated) shot of the entire game put my Campbeltown on fire. The second shot of the game was the random die roll - hit my Campbeltown and got Fire result again, which means it blew up with no survivors!! LOL!! Needless to say, I started over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow,

just be glad it was only a game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S
United States
California
flag msg tools

Mike,

Just so you know, the Campbeltown cannot explode. The second Fire result actually has No Effect. See Rule 7.12, which states a specific exception for the Cambeltown for the "exploding boat" rule.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Riker
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy to miss, I missed the whole speed markers my first time(I placed evade markers on the Campbeltown on turn1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor S
United States
California
flag msg tools

Yes, there are many "niggly" rules with RoSN. I feel like I know the game inside out, but I still discover lesser (or greater) things I haven't played quite right.

What I should do is add personal notes to remind me each time, but I'm a bit lazy doing that kind of homework.

With the Campbeltown, there are plenty of exceptions to the naval rules. The other ones that come into play a lot: The Campbeltown cannot be slowed down by a Fire result (only by rolling a '6' on a MC result). Further, it can only be slowed down once (to speed 1).

All that Fire does to the Campbeltown is attract that extra "free" shot on the Harbor Defense Table each turn. Of course, in a couple recent games I played, that was just enough extra attention the Campbeltown sunk before reaching the Southern Caisson ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montoyam wrote:
The first (designated) shot of the entire game put my Campbeltown on fire. The second shot of the game was the random die roll - hit my Campbeltown...

Actually, the second shot would have been pre-designated again because Campbeltown was now on fire (this is clear if you read the rules very precisely, but it was so fine a point that it was clarified later in errata and the articles in the General). Only then would the random shot phase start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.