Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after putting all my cards in colored Ultra-Pro sleeves and storing them in a card box, I have decided that the game might be significantly easier to set-up and play if the cards were in a binder with card sheets. So here is my question:

Will normal card sheets like this http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-9-Pocket-Trading-Pages/dp/B0... hold the cards while they are in their sleeves?

Does anybody just have the loose sheets that you buy at Wal-mart that would hold the cards while they are in their sleeves? That's my question in a nutshell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanton Lackey
msg tools
Yep the Ultra Pro 9 card sleeves are perfect. That is what I use to hold all my cards and it is so much easier to visualize what you want to play and come up with effective builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick2909 wrote:
Yep the Ultra Pro 9 card sleeves are perfect. That is what I use to hold all my cards and it is so much easier to visualize what you want to play and come up with effective builds.

I feel kind of foolish since earlier I stated that I definitely didn't want to put cards in the binder, but it just seems like it'll be quite a bit easier to choose the cards you want and get ready to play this way. It'll take a little longer to clean up, but it just seems like it'll be quite a bit easier. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanton Lackey
msg tools
I have almost two of every ship so I usually stack the cards in multiples of the same card in the binder, thus I know where most of the cards go when I put them back. It is also nice because every ship has one unique, one generic, and then its movement card so I just line them up in that order.

I also transition them to sleeves when I remove them to play to protect them while playing in tournaments etc. Hope this was helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using a 20 page, 9 pocket side load monster binder for all my cards. Easily fits everything up until now, including all LE ships. There's a couple pages blank even!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wray
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! Binders are the way to go with this game. I can fit two of the smaller cards into a single slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to those who are using a binder, do you have your cards sleeved? I have all my cards sleeved and I would like to keep them that way (different color sleeves for different factions) and I love the binder idea, but I would like to keep them in sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan kipps-bolton
United Kingdom
watford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the pockets in those sheets look big at only 9 cards for an A4 sheet, i have a folder at the moment but it is molded so its limited in space if i keep buying expansions im going to run out of space quickly!

I'm not bothered about individual sleeves for my cards as im careful with them anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Dice
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
So to those who are using a binder, do you have your cards sleeved? I have all my cards sleeved and I would like to keep them that way (different color sleeves for different factions) and I love the binder idea, but I would like to keep them in sleeves.

Mine are sleeved AND in a binder.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153435564320177&se...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyDice wrote:
primtim34 wrote:

Mine are sleeved AND in a binder.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153435564320177&se...

I'm getting a "Content not available" when I click on the link. Any chance of uploading the picture to the website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Dice
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are also sleeved and in a binder. I'm using the ultra pro "perfect fit" sleeves and a Monster Protectors binder. The slots are side load, and I don't put more than 2 of each card in each pocket. I also keep all my duplicates of named cards and ships out of the binder and stored in a box at home. No use carrying ALL of that around!

The binder currently measures 8-3/4" x 11-3/4" x 1-1/4"

I have it organized this way:

1st page used for smaller fleet construction (40-50 points)
2nd/3rd page for 100 point fleets construction
4/5 Fed ships
6/7 Klingon ships
8/9 Romulan ships
10/11 dominion/independent/ds9 ships
12/13 Elite captains
14/15 elite captain talents
16/17 non-0-point captains
18/19 fed crew
20 Klingon crew
21 romulan crew
22 dominion crew
23 ferengei/independent crew
24/25 blank
26/27 tech
28/29 non-photon secondary weapons
30/31 photon torpedoes
32/33 0-point captains
34/35/36/37 Missions (not in protectors
38/39 ship movement cards (not in protectors)
40 resources + other reference cards

I think with some different organizing I can get another wave or two in the binder. I must admit, sometimes my OCD does get the better of me... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Whiteman
United States
Middletown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Monster Binders and Ultra-Pro Pro-Binders are sized to handle cards sleeved in normal card sleeves. A lot of the three ring binder pocket pages will only take sleeved cards if you use the tighter fitting "Perfect-Fit" sleeves. Best people to ask are magic players for what they use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.