Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Craig
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your Wanted Crew successfully dodge capture by rolling 2-6 during an Alliance Contact, you still have Wanted Crew on your ship and according to the rules are still an Outlaw Ship in the Alliance Cruiser's Sector. So my question is when /how often does the Alliance Contact Event fire? That is, how long is that successful "Dodge Capture" roll good for on an Outlaw ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is good for the current check only. If you encounter the cruiser again (e.g. next turn) you must check again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reference card for Alliance Contact states "Resolve immediately for Outlaw Ships in Alliance Cruiser's Sector." On page 7 of the rules, "If, at any time, you are in the same Sector as the Alliance Cruiser, you must resolve the Alliance Contact Event.

We have taken this to mean that the instant the Alliance Cruiser is in the same sector as an Outlaw firefly, resolve this card. The only time we have played this event multiple times was during Nav Cards. Three "player on your right moves the Cruiser" cards came up forcing the following scenario:

1) Alliance Cruiser moves onto the Outlaw firefly. Resolve Alliance Contact
2) Alliance Cruiser moves to an adjacent sector.
3) Alliance Cruiser moves back onto the Outlaw firefly. Resolve Alliance Contact.

When the Outlaw ship's turn comes around, the condition "resolve immediately" wouldn't take effect as the Alliance Contact Event has already been triggered. Until either ship moves, the event (for that Outlaw ship) would not occur.

It is possible we could be wrong, however this plays akin to the Reaver cruiser in which the event is "triggered" only at the beginning of the player turn. I guess they aren't hungry if just "passing by."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems reasonable that unless one ship has moved, or the player ship does something to garner attention (work action an illegal job perhaps?), that there would be no need for additional checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
We play it the same as Ken K. Any time your ship or the Cruiser moves such that the two of you come together, resolve the Alliance Contact. Then you're good until the two of you have separated and moved back together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce O

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I have tried to find it spelled out somewhere for new players but as I see it it is impossible to deal with Harken if you are carrying wanted crew, correct? The evade step of Alliance Contact leaves the outlaw ship one space away and unable to take for jobs from Harken. Let me know if I am missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For wanted crew you roll dice (if you roll a 1 they are gone). Nothing stops you from dealing that I can see. Also the extra stash card shields 2 wanted crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The result of the cruiser encounter is a FULL STOP, not an Evade. So if you're willing to risk the loss of the wanted crew, you could deal with Harken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce O

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh I should look at the cards closer ;-) I have only played a couple solo games so far and that was the only thing that still had a hiccup in my mind. Thanks!! Fixing to introduce it to a friend later today and wanted to get my ducks in a row...act like I knew what I was doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.