Hide
8 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Come About Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian dupont
msg tools
This came up in the game tonight. My opponent went to use the come about move on the Negh'var, but the final move ended on top of the base of my Enterprise (TOS). So, we backed the Negh'var up to stop where the bases no longer overlap but now just touch. But, we didn't know if that move warranted an Auxilary Power token on the Negh'var.

Was the placement of the Negh'var correct? And, did it need an Auxiliary Power token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes and no. The full move was not taken and does not warrant an aux token. The ship does lose all its actions as it bumped another ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it differently. Page 18 of the rules has a note in red that says to treat its maneuver as an ahead maneuver with the same speed and color revealed as the dial. Thus the ship doesn't turn about, gets no action and the ship gets an Aux token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Moskova wrote:
We play it differently. Page 18 of the rules has a note in red that says to treat its maneuver as an ahead maneuver with the same speed and color revealed as the dial. Thus the ship doesn't turn about, gets no action and the ship gets an Aux token.

This is how it has been ruled multiple times here as well during the OP events. You still performed a red maneuver, so you still get the Aux Power token, you did not get to complete the maneuver, so you do not get to do the "come about", and you bumped another ship as well as getting the aux power token, so you do not get an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Townsend
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have always been under the impression "Show a red move on the dial, get an Aux Token. And vice versa, show a Green move, remove a token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colringbk wrote:
This came up in the game tonight. My opponent went to use the come about move on the Negh'var, but the final move ended on top of the base of my Enterprise (TOS). So, we backed the Negh'var up to stop where the bases no longer overlap but now just touch. But, we didn't know if that move warranted an Auxilary Power token on the Negh'var.

Was the placement of the Negh'var correct? And, did it need an Auxiliary Power token?

The placement is correct, and the Negh'var would still be facing in the same direction it started the maneuver. The ship should still get an Aux Power token, since it performed a red maneuver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
However, if the ship landed on an obstacle it would still get to the complete the maneuver, get the aux token and roll for damage?

Just to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
However, if the ship landed on an obstacle it would still get to the complete the maneuver, get the aux token and roll for damage?

Just to clarify.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.