Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
In the canal era, my (12 year old math whiz) son had built a port in Lancaster with a red canal leading out of it south to Preston, and had a cotton mill in Blackburn connected to his red coal mine in Wigan via another red canal.

There is no industry in Preston for either of us (two-player game).

We both have a coal mine in Wigan and I have a canal going north out of Wigan to Preston.

The question is: Even though there is no industry in Preston, we assumed that he could flip his cotton mill over in Blackburn, selling cotton via the linked canals in his port in Lancaster. Is this correct? In other words, an industry doesn't have to exist in a town to facilitate the link between two canals that go into that town from different sides.

Thanks. Can't believe I've never had a copy of Brass in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right; as long as the canals/rails exist, cotton and coal can be transported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is actually a little known and delicate balance between water flow capacity in canals and employment rates which requires an industry for any water to flow. True fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.