Popular Tags: [View All]
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Disney have confirmed that the four series will premiere on streaming service Netflix starting in 2015 and will unfold over multiple years. Marvel will develop the four serialized programs, each with a minimum of thirteen episodes each, which will lead to "a miniseries programming event".

What are those four series? "Daredevil," "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage". This will all culminate in Marvel's mini-series event "The Defenders" which reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters around New York's Hell's Kitchen.

Sounds like a powerman and ironfist movie is coming. Also seems like they could done this with some more popular characters. I guess this would eliminate a lot of effects budget tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious that Disney would partner with Netflix for this, given they have been attempting to get their own streaming service ("Disney XD") off the ground for a few years, now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Curious that Disney would partner with Netflix for this, given they have been attempting to get their own streaming service ("Disney XD") off the ground for a few years, now.

Netflix and Disney made a big deal in December that Netflix would get exclusive streaming to Disney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
wow The original Defenders was my favorite Marvel mag when I was a kid--back then the ever-changing lineup consisted (on and off "we are NOT a formal team!") of Doc Strange, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Valkyrie, Hawkeye, and even the ever-elusive Black Knight and later Yellowjacket. Here's hoping they don't tamper with my fond memories too much...wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil of Mars wrote:
Sounds like a powerman and ironfist movie is coming. Also seems like they could done this with some more popular characters. I guess this would eliminate a lot of effects budget tho.

I'm unsure whether this is the case here, but often the problem is that characters have been optioned for movies that aren't being made. (Recall that Disney acquired Marvel fairly recently.) For example, X-Men, the Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer are apparently still optioned to Fox, and so unavailable to even Disney.

Article: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/marvels-netflix-series-nin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.