Bill Sheppard

Alaska
msg tools
Any comments, complaints, wisdom, etc is welcome! So far its just us four, but mainly Kyra, Harsk and Merisiel because our Valeros player works a bunch and cant always be here. Me (Kyra) and my girlfriend (Merisiel) just finished Adv Deck 1 and all of these pics are as recent as they can get!
------------
HARSK


MERISIEL



KYRA


VALEROS


cool
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel George
United States
Orcutt
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. Interesting to see other people's decks
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anker The m80 Hobbit
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice decks.

This could be interesting as a geeklist with various peoples decks for their characters, somehow listing them after the charcters progress
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sheppard

Alaska
msg tools
M80DK wrote:
Nice decks.

This could be interesting as a geeklist with various peoples decks for their characters, somehow listing them after the charcters progress


Agreed. Our Harsk is coming tonight to wrap up deck 1 s I will definitely keep you posted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange that you only have 1 non-basic ally (Father Zantus) after Adv Deck 1 - which includes a scenario exclusively dedicated to recruiting allies, with a reward of each obtaining a random ally. In our 6-player party, I think we have less than 50% basic allies now (with some help from Lini's recruiting skills).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sheppard

Alaska
msg tools
iNano78 wrote:
Strange that you only have 1 non-basic ally (Father Zantus) after Adv Deck 1 - which includes a scenario exclusively dedicated to recruiting allies, with a reward of each obtaining a random ally. In our 6-player party, I think we have less than 50% basic allies now (with some help from Lini's recruiting skills).


Trust me it sucks. I keep drawing stupid allies like Guard or something. Yeah, yeah you can discard them to explore again but I have blessings for that, plus they all seem to be situational with their check aids, i.e. knowledge or perception checks.

I honestly don't even know what kind of ally I should have, it seems to change every game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those non-basic allies can be tough to get, sometimes. It's all so dependent upon the luck of the draw when building the decks. It's easier to get good cards with larger numbers of players - more cards out there to encounter, more "loot" (in the non-game-term sense) at the end of a scenario.

As for what ally one should have...well, that answer is always Poog of Zarongel, at least at this point. Maybe later, that will change to "Charmed Red Dragon" or something.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercenary is pretty good. We also have the Sherriff (unique; can't remember his name off hand) and I've been playing with the guy that basically says "Peak at the top card of a location. ... Oops, I 'accidentally' summoned the Sandpoint Devil... bye!"

Lini has her Sabretoothed Cat and a couple of Toads.

Acolyte looks like it would be good for Ezren, but our Ezren died before we acquired one so we always toss them.

The Archer looks like she'd be good for somebody with a ranged weapon (unfortunately none of our characters have ranged weapons, so we toss them). That would probably be the best ally for your Merisiel/Harsk combo.

Unfortunately we haven't encountered Poog yet. But acquired Fire Sneeze in our first game (worked for Ezren until he died; Seoni has it now), so we're not complaining.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Acolyte looks like it would be good for Ezren, but our Ezren died before we acquired one so we always toss them.


I would say that Acolyte is a very poor choice for Ezren if he's playing in a 5-6 player game, because (IIRC) it can't be discarded to explore. In such games, every player really needs to explore an average of 2x per turn to succeed...this realistically means doing so on just about every one of the five or six turns they get. Since Ezren only has three allies and no blessings, he kind of has to plan to use all of his allies for exploration and take the extra explores where he can get them (an acquired blessing or ally, Detect Magic, his special ability, etc.).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Calthaer wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
Acolyte looks like it would be good for Ezren, but our Ezren died before we acquired one so we always toss them.


I would say that Acolyte is a very poor choice for Ezren if he's playing in a 5-6 player game, because (IIRC) it can't be discarded to explore. In such games, every player really needs to explore an average of 2x per turn to succeed...this realistically means doing so on just about every one of the five or six turns they get. Since Ezren only has three allies and no blessings, he kind of has to plan to use all of his allies for exploration and take the extra explores where he can get them (an acquired blessing or ally, Detect Magic, his special ability, etc.).


True. I meant more in general, e.g. could include Ezren in a 3-character game where extra explores aren't as crucial. For 4+ characters, I could still see including 1 Acolyte for Ezren if there are a lot of Blessings in other players' decks (e.g. include Sajan and other Blessing-heavy characters in the party), since others are often happy to throw a Blessing to Ezren if he has a strong hand - especially if it matches the top of the deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Safety Harbor
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
... all those chips on the card edges ... cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sheppard

Alaska
msg tools
R2Dork wrote:
... all those chips on the card edges ... cry


LMAO

I know! It irks me but not much you can do and I don't want to sleeve them just yet. Meh.

Also we don't have Skimshaw Murders (Adv2) yet so I take it Poog is one from there?

On a side note: does Adv Deck 1 really only have ONE (1) [uno] loot card?!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keegan
United States
Whitman
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LolSheeps wrote:

Also we don't have Skimshaw Murders (Adv2) yet so I take it Poog is one from there?


It's a promo card. I don't have it either

Quote:
On a side note: does Adv Deck 1 really only have ONE (1) [uno] loot card?!

Yup.

Out of curiosity, why does Harsk have a Blessing of Pharasma? Wouldn't Kyra make better use of it?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sheppard

Alaska
msg tools
chainsawash wrote:
LolSheeps wrote:

Also we don't have Skimshaw Murders (Adv2) yet so I take it Poog is one from there?


It's a promo card. I don't have it either

Quote:
On a side note: does Adv Deck 1 really only have ONE (1) [uno] loot card?!

Yup.

Out of curiosity, why does Harsk have a Blessing of Pharasma? Wouldn't Kyra make better use of it?


Ah, yes, we already traded heh. I gave him a BotG for it.

On a side note: Harsk has officially finished Adv Deck 1 with us tonight! Got a Return Throwing Axe as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.