Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Caldwell
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first 3 games were just to get a feel of the game, I didn't make it past the green phase and didn't bother to score.

Game 4: -10. I think I messed up the scoring/couting somehow. I noted that I had 3 aging cards in the deck and 7 hazard cards remaining. I only got to Yellow, so I think I messed up counting the Hazard cards remaining.
Game 5: -31. Got to red, but didn't last long. Had 3 aging cards and 14 hazards (this along with my game 6 info leads me to believe I miscounted on game 4).

Game 6: For some unknown reason I chose NOT to look at the two Pirate cards I had selected. It worked out for me, but don't do this.
-As expected, I focused on managing life points and getting rid of weak cards. By the time yellow hit, I could focus on defeating the stronger hazard cards. I relied on the 1xdestroy ability to get rid of aging cards.
-Red battles were a bit tougher, but got through them for the first time, with 3 life points.

-I flipped over the pirates and had to face an 8/30 and a Fight against all remaining hazard cards. Now I did focus on the stronger hazads in the end, ignoring lower hazard cards, and that worked out for me.

The hazard pirates ended up being 10/28. I chose that one first, since it was weaker. I managed to defeat that pirate with out too much difficulty.
Before the second pirate, I had to replenish, which meant drawing an aging card. Looking at the count it was my 6th card. Though I had successfully gotten rid of all the prior ones. The first card I draw. Aging... STOP. Really? I have 3 life left. I figured I was screwed. I paid one life and was lucky enough to draw an exchange card. Adios Aging card. I drew the remaining free cards was able to manage extra cards with extra life.

This game is amazingly fun and look forward to a bunch more sessions.

edit: words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done!

The way I've played is that exchanging that aging card wouldn't give me more free draws as I am already on to the pay for cards phase of the fight.
I am more than happy to be playing this wrong. Any other opinions out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
huffa2 wrote:
The way I've played is that exchanging that aging card wouldn't give me more free draws as I am already on to the pay for cards phase of the fight.

You're playing this wrong.
It's been confirmed in various threads in the Rule forum, e.g. Another 'Stop' question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
huffa2 wrote:

You're playing this wrong. :)
It's been confirmed in various threads in the Rule forum, e.g. Another 'Stop' question.

Hooray!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.