Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio Grande Games is again sponsoring a shuttle for shopping and restaurants, but the logistics of it will be different this year. Last year we contracted an independent bus company to run shuttles where all you had to do was show your wristband to ride. It turns out the usage was insufficient to justify the logistics and expense.

This year we will be using the regular Grapevine Shuttle:
http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/shuttle/
but through Rio Grande Games' sponsorship it will still be free to ride for convention attendees. Instead of buying a ticket from the hotel's desk, come to our registration check-in desk where we will give you a ticket for the day after showing us your badge and wristband.

If you think you might use the shuttle, please help us estimate demand by answering this poll:
Poll: When do you think you might use the Grapevine Shuttle?
In talking with the Grapevine CVB, they anticipate the possible need of having to put on an additional shuttle based on our large number of attendees. To help with this planning I'd like to get some feedback when you think you might use it so we can make slightly better educated guesses as to when the extra shuttle would be needed.

Please check any and all times below when you think you might be riding the shuttle, either to or from the hotel.
When might you ride the shuttle (either direction)?
  10am 11am 12pm 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm 8pm 9pm 10pm Vote Count
Wednesday 4.5% (3) 9.0% (6) 28.4% (19) 31.3% (21) 16.4% (11) 6.0% (4) 13.4% (9) 38.8% (26) 65.7% (44) 56.7% (38) 29.9% (20) 11.9% (8) 11.9% (8) 67
Thursday 4.9% (4) 9.8% (8) 28.0% (23) 29.3% (24) 14.6% (12) 3.7% (3) 14.6% (12) 39.0% (32) 63.4% (52) 56.1% (46) 26.8% (22) 14.6% (12) 11.0% (9) 82
Friday 5.7% (5) 11.4% (10) 33.0% (29) 31.8% (28) 12.5% (11) 2.3% (2) 11.4% (10) 39.8% (35) 65.9% (58) 54.5% (48) 28.4% (25) 13.6% (12) 10.2% (9) 88
Saturday 4.8% (4) 12.0% (10) 36.1% (30) 32.5% (27) 10.8% (9) 3.6% (3) 13.3% (11) 43.4% (36) 62.7% (52) 59.0% (49) 26.5% (22) 12.0% (10) 9.6% (8) 83
Sunday 8.6% (3) 22.9% (8) 37.1% (13) 42.9% (15) 14.3% (5) 5.7% (2) 8.6% (3) 25.7% (9) 45.7% (16) 54.3% (19) 22.9% (8) 11.4% (4) 14.3% (5) 35
Total Voters 105
This poll is now closed.   105 answers
Poll created by CaptainQwyx
Closes: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I bet a bunch of us who arrive Tuesday evening might use it Tuesday night... I probably will, even if I have to pay for it myself... soda/liquor/snack food run to Target!

Actually, I need to look up the Texas liquor laws. Maybe we can't just buy it at Target like we can here at home... Dr. Google says, YES you can!
robot

JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's awesome. Very generous of Rio Grande Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Batterton
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
SpiderCat. Direct from the 9th plane of Hell. Adoptions are held every 666 days .
mbmbmbmbmb
Wine and beer yes. Liquor will be found at "Liquor" stores. At least I haven't seen liquor in target in central Texas.

JuliaZ wrote:
FWIW, I bet a bunch of us who arrive Tuesday evening might use it Tuesday night... I probably will, even if I have to pay for it myself... soda/liquor/snack food run to Target!

Actually, I need to look up the Texas liquor laws. Maybe we can't just buy it at Target like we can here at home... Dr. Google says, YES you can!
robot

JAZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
PBatt wrote:
Wine and beer yes. Liquor will be found at "Liquor" stores. At least I haven't seen liquor in target in central Texas.

Correct. Liquor is only sold through liquor stores, and they must close on Sundays, and have limited hours during the week (10-9). Target/grocery stores in general are able to sell beer/wine, unless they're in a dry county or town that bans such sales. I think Grapevine is fine on this but I could be wrong (it's been a while since I lived nearby).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
fenners wrote:
PBatt wrote:

Correct. Liquor is only sold through liquor stores, and they must close on Sundays, and have limited hours during the week (10-9). Target/grocery stores in general are able to sell beer/wine, unless they're in a dry county or town that bans such sales. I think Grapevine is fine on this but I could be wrong (it's been a while since I lived nearby).

Generally speaking, liquor can only be bought at liquor stores in Texas (true in most if not all counties). That means most counties in Texas are partially wet counties. That being said, I haven't driven to Grapevine recently but I do recall liquor stores in the area (some counties disallow liquor stores or only allow them in certain areas). You won't have trouble finding beer/wine except on Sunday morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lane
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
My Christian fraternity brothers mattress surfing at Summit (nationwide gathering)
mbmbmbmbmb
No Liquor stores near the airport, you'll probably have to go to Colleyville or Southlake. I might be in Tuesday evening for some games, and can make a trip for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
lanejustin wrote:
No Liquor stores near the airport, you'll probably have to go to Colleyville or Southlake. I might be in Tuesday evening for some games, and can make a trip for you.

I think Colleyville, North Richland Hills, and Irving are the closest cities that sell liquor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norv Brooks
United States
PASADENA
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For a "newbie" where are some of the places the shuttle goes? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
norvbrooks wrote:
For a "newbie" where are some of the places the shuttle goes? cool

Does this help? It's a map/details of where the shuttle goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norv Brooks
United States
PASADENA
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - thanks, Brian, for the pdf file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking to the low usage, last year it seemed more of a hassle to use the bus that the year before that. There were more moments of "where the hell is the bus?" And not sure if you're stranded. Could have been the road construction delays. There also seemed to be better restaurant runs two years ago but that could just be inaccurate memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
taraba wrote:
Speaking to the low usage, last year it seemed more of a hassle to use the bus that the year before that. There were more moments of "where the hell is the bus?" And not sure if you're stranded. Could have been the road construction delays. There also seemed to be better restaurant runs two years ago but that could just be inaccurate memories.

It happened to us twice last year, where we were stranded (no bus for over an hour), and we had to call a cab to get back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Graham
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been to BGG.Con before. Are there restaurant options at the Convention location or is it required to drive somewhere in order to get food?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
gramaw wrote:
I've never been to BGG.Con before. Are there restaurant options at the Convention location or is it required to drive somewhere in order to get food?

Wiki to the rescue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Graham
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
gramaw wrote:

Wiki to the rescue.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
gramaw wrote:

Wiki to the rescue.

To add to that: the options are far better than they were at the old location, so count yourself lucky there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lanejustin wrote:

Justin, that's awesome info, and a much-appreciated offer. A 0.75 l or smaller bottle of vodka would be awesome... prefer not the flavored kinds, potato-based if you can find it but don't go bananas (the brand I buy is Luksusowa from Poland, but it might not be commonly available). Beggars can't be choosers, and all that, and I'm not much of a hard drinker anyhow. LOL

Compare potato vodkas and this site says that I should try Grand Teton Potato Vodka based on the criteria I gave them.

If you don't see that, I've also really liked Texas-native Tito's Handmade corn vodka, which I'd bet all the liquor stores carry.
Tito's Handmade

I will PM you my cell phone info so we can connect and I can give you $$.

JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to use it every morning and night as it looks like it goes to the super 8 where im staying. ^_^

How do i go about getting the shuttle, do i have to call it or does it just regularly stop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be most likely to use it on Tuesday afternoon/evening to make a grocery run after arriving at the hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gili kleinberger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone tell me which rout to take to get to the nearest grocery store?Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Orange route to stop M. There is a Super Target there.

http://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/includes/content/docs/media...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Swan
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio Grande is a class act, from top to bottom. I love their games, and the way they treat their customers both in the quality of the components and things like this. They always go the extra mile. I remember them bringing in chefs to cook REAL food in their play room at GenCon (or was it Origins?) Class act!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolio wrote:
I plan to use it every morning and night as it looks like it goes to the super 8 where im staying. ^_^

Unless you plan on leaving before 10PM (when the last shuttle leaves for the night.), you'll be getting taxi back to your room.

10:00 that's still early!

Quote:
How do i go about getting the shuttle, do i have to call it or does it just regularly stop?

Regularly scheduled--leaving the Hyatt :06 (Orange Route to Downtown Grapevine and Target) and :31 to the Mall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
voidreturn wrote:
You won't have trouble finding beer/wine except on Sunday morning.

And after midnight on any day. But I don't know when in the a.m. that is lifted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.