Subject: Amber? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps we did not interpret the rules correctly, but we could not see why anyone would not play their skip card during an amber round? If you are the only one you get the amber, but if at least two players play the skip card no one gets anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobuaki Takerube
Japan
Minami-Tsugaru-Gun
Aomori-Ken
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
If two or three players play Skip cards, nobody can correct Amber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Keja
Netherlands
Leusden
flag msg tools
badge
I won this overtext in the Rummage-o-rama! Thanks Cate!
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason not to play your Skip card can be that it is used the previous round. Or that you guess the chances for the next round being amber again are high enough to let the other players battle it out and save your card for the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were wondering the same thing. Until we noticed that a card can't be used on subsequent rounds and that sharing 10 eggs out can be fatal.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
In our first game, we had one round where only one player had her skip card in hand to play for one amber. Getting an amber isn't easy, but it nicely balances the general need to play the skip card, IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madhobbit wrote:
The reason not to play your Skip card can be that it is used the previous round. Or that you guess the chances for the next round being amber again are high enough to let the other players battle it out and save your card for the next round.
ah ok makes sense now, thanks! I guess it didn't come up in our game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R.
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with a little modification to the amber rule- If only one player plays a Skip card, they get the amber (as normal), but if only one player plays a bag card (two others played Skip), the player receive one egg in the bag they played.

I will have to try the normal and modified rule more to really experiment with it, but the normal rule felt like there was no reason to not play Skip on amber cards. The rule modification gave us more incentive to try playing a bag, and made the options more interesting.

Neat little game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.